“Full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society”
About the Role
- Part Time, Maximum Term Contract until 1 June 2022
- CSD Level 2 from $64,363 - $69,031 per annum po-rata dependent on skills and experience
- Located in Cairns
Working in collaboration with the local Hospital & Health Service Transition from Prison Mental Health Team, the Individual Recovery Support Transition from Correctional Facilities Program is designed to offer a range of non-clinical psychosocial wraparound supports to individuals 18 years and over experiencing a severe mental illness who are currently in an adult correctional facility preparing for release back into the community.
- Provide a range of support to consumers, tailored to meet their individual needs
- Work closely with clinical case managers, Community corrections and other community partner organisations in order to deliver the best possible comprehensive service to consumers
- Provide direct practical support to consumers so that they gain/maintain independence in the community. This includes assistance in establishing and maintaining supportive networks, budgeting skills, shopping, maintaining the home, utilising public transport, within a person centred strengths based recovery approach
What will you bring to the role?
- High level of knowledge and experience working in a recovery model
- Proven ability or transferable skills to work independently in community with consumers who have a history of risk
- Experience and working knowledge of homelessness
- Ability and willingness to work effectively as part of a team, to meet program goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of complex mental health and drug and alcohol issues.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Be a team player
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Current Blue Card
- Australian Working Rights
- Drivers licence
- Police check
About Neami National
Neami National is a community mental health service supporting people living with mental illness to improve their health, live independently and pursue a life based on their own strengths, values and goals.
We acknowledge Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities as the Traditional Custodians of the land we work on and pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging. We recognise that their sovereignty was never ceded.
Neami National is committed to cultivating inclusive environments for staff, consumers and carers. We celebrate, value and include people of all backgrounds, genders, sexualities, cultures, bodies and abilities. We are an environmentally conscious organisation.
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Induction and extensive Learning and Development Program
- Regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Excellent conditions including paid parental leave, generous long service leave, wellness and gratis leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The position description is available for a complete overview of the role and the skills required.
To discuss this position, please contact: Robert Cross, Service Manager: 0419 353 894.
We celebrate multidisciplinary teams and value the rich skills and experiences brought by applicants from a range of sectors and professional backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
A position description is attached.