“Full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society”
The Intake, Assessment and Triage Service is a Neami service in partnership with the North Queensland PHN(NQPHN). As an Intake CRSW you will be responsible for the day to day operation of the intake function. It will be your responsibility to screen and escalate all referrals to the Mental Health Clinical Support Coordination Team.
An exciting aspect of this role is each Intake CRSW will be given a portfolio in an identified area of interest to undertake support service mapping to build relationships with community providers. This will allow you to get creative and enable you to help make a real difference to those living in the community with a mental illness.
About the Role:
- Part Time, Contract until 30 June 2022
- CSD Level 2 From $64,363 - $69,031 per annum pro rata + Salary Packaging + Super
- Based in Townsville
- Receive intake requests, assess and provide appropriate support and advice
- Engage consumers and develop trusting and professional relationships
- Maintain accurate individual consumer files and databases in accordance with the policies and procedures of Neami and the service agreement with NQPHN
- Provide referrals deemed ineligible for service with information or refer to appropriate alternative services
- Promote the principles and practice of service coordination to ensure that consumers are at the centre of service delivery and receive a timely, coordinated response to their health and social needs.
- Work with community partners
What will you bring to the role?
- Relevant experience in an intake role
- Ability and willingness to work effectively as part of a team, to meet program goals and objectives
- Outstanding IT and phone handling skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing competing priorities
- Knowledge of complex mental health and drug and alcohol issues
- Knowledge of local services particularly relevant to designated program area
- The ability to form and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work with individuals from diverse and unique backgrounds
- Be an honest and transparent individual
- Knowledge of the recovery model
- Qualifications in mental health
- Working with Children checks (are required before commencement of work - Blue Card
- Australian Working Rights
- Drivers licence
- Police check – disclosable outcomes considered
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Induction and extensive Learning and Development Program
- Regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Excellent conditions including paid parental leave, a monthly accrued day off, generous long service leave, wellness and gratis leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
How to apply:
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the position description. If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position description please contact:
Michelle Ramm: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Community Rehabilitation and Support Worker Intake - Connect to Wellbeing - Townsville enquiry via EthicalJobs.
We celebrate multidisciplinary teams and value the rich skills and experiences brought by applicants from a range of sectors and professional backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
A position description is attached.