- Full Time, Maximum Term Contract until 2024
- CSD Level 2 from $64,363 - $69,031 per annum + super + salary packaging
- Located in Lidcombe
Neami seeks experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated workers to provide direct & meaningful support to people with mental health issues living in their community.
“Full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society.”
About the Role
Community Rehabilitation and Support Workers provide a range of rehabilitation and support to consumers, tailored to meet their individual needs. Neami National's work with consumers occurs within their own community of friends, family and neighbourhood.
Community Rehabilitation and Support Workers at Neami National function within a collaborative team approach and are supported by regular opportunities to reflect upon their practice and access comprehensive training and development.
- Provide direct support and rehabilitation to consumers within their community
- Working with community partners
- Maintain records and resources
- Engage consumers and develop trusting and professional relationships
- Work closely with clinical case managers in order to deliver the best possible comprehensive service to consumers
- Collect, collate and maintain data on consumer contact
What will you bring to the role?
- Demonstrated mental health and coaching experience
- Experience and working knowledge of homelessness
- Ability and willingness to work effectively as part of a team, to meet program goals and objectives
- Knowledge of complex mental health and drug and alcohol issues
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the recovery model
- Current NSW Working with Children Check
- Australian Working Rights
- Driver’s licence
- Police check (refer to PD) – disclosable outcomes considered
- Neami National will require, as part of our condition of employment, that all candidates applying for any position must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (or have received one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine and have a scheduled appointment to receive their second dose)
- Candidates will be required to provide appropriate evidence of COVID-19 vaccination to Neami National
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Induction and extensive Learning and Development Program
- Regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Excellent conditions including paid parental leave, a monthly accrued day off, generous long service leave, wellness and gratis leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the attached Position Description (below).
If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position description please contact:
- Karina Bogue, Senior Practice Leader: 0427 536 440, or
- Ana Lopez, Service Manager: 0423 790 692
To submit your application, click Apply Now.
Recruitment agency candidates need not apply.
We celebrate multidisciplinary teams and value the rich skills and experiences brought by applicants from a range of sectors and professional backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.