“Full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society”
About the Role
- Full Time, Maximum Term Contract until 31 December 2022
- CSD Level 2 from $64,363 - $69,031 per annum (pro rata) + super + salary packaging
- Location: Penrith / Seven Hills
The Sustaining Tenancies in Social Housing (STSH) Program is an initiative under the NSW Homelessness Strategy 2018-2022. The initiative is funded until 30 June 2022. The objectives of the STSH program are to enhance local service system capacity to support new or existing at risk tenancies in order to:
- Sustain tenancies by avoiding and/or reducing tenancy breaches over a 12 month support period;
- Prevent homelessness that has occurred following a failed social housing tenancy;
- Increase participants’ social connection to improve overall wellbeing;
- Enhance tenant/household member capacity to manage their tenancies independently beyond the 12- month support period; and
- Reduce the resource and expenditure impost on DCJ, LAHC and other NSW government-funded agencies resulting from tenancy failure.
- Provide direct support and rehabilitation to clients within their community
- Working with community partners
- Maintain records and resources
- Engage clients and develop trusting and professional relationships
- Collect, collate and maintain data on consumer contact
What will you bring to the role?
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Ability and willingness to work effectively as part of a team, to meet program goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of complex mental health and drug and alcohol issues
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Be a team player
- Knowledge of the recovery model
- Current NSW Working with Children Check
- Australian Working Rights
- Drivers licence
- Police check (refer to PD) – disclosable outcomes considered
About Neami National
Neami National is a community mental health service supporting people living with mental illness to improve their health, live independently and pursue a life based on their own strengths, values and goals.
In our most recent Staff Engagement Survey, 89% of our Staff recommend Neami as a great place to work, with 87% of staff proud to say they work for Neami.
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Induction and extensive Learning and Development Program
- Regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Excellent conditions including paid parental leave, a monthly accrued day off (for full time positions), generous long service leave, wellness and gratis leave
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the position description.
If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position description, please contact:
Cathy Hogden –Senior Practice Leader: 0439 734 497
No recruitment agency candidates need apply.
We celebrate multidisciplinary teams and value the rich skills and experiences brought by applicants from a range of sectors and professional backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.