“Full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society”
Townsville Head to Health (HTH), funded by Northern QLD PHN through the Australian Government’s PHN program, will be a front door for people over 18 to access mental health support. The centre will assist people experiencing high levels of distress or suicidal crisis, by providing accessible community mental health supports.
Service delivery will reflect principals of Trauma Informed Care and Recovery Oriented practices and be guided by extensive co-design processes.
About the Role
- Full Time, Maximum Term Contract until 30 June 2023
- Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010, Level 2 from $79,925 – $89,410 depending on skills and experience (Above award salary)
- Based at Head to Health Townsville
As an Allied Health Professional, you will draw on your discipline specific skills, to provide high quality interventions aimed at improving the mental health and wellbeing outcomes for consumers accessing the HTH Centre. The Allied Health Professional role will have a focus on clinical assessment, collaborative care planning and navigating consumers to access holistic and integrated care.
- Engage consumers and develop trusting and professional relationships
- Engage consumers using a strengths-based approach to complete a comprehensive mental health assessment.
- Provide evidence based and informed care from a holistic approach for short to medium term support.
- Work within a holistic framework considering the perspectives and needs of consumers, family, carers and other members of the community.
- Provide clinical assessments and brief interventions for adults accessing the Centre
What will you bring to the role?
- As a Mental Health Clinician, you will have registration with the relevant accreditation body in your field. It is a responsibility of the incumbent to maintain all registrations requirements with the appropriate registration authority with continuing professional development
- A minimum 2 years supervised experience in the area of mental health
- A minimum 2 years relevant professional development and or supervision
- Experience in delivery cognitive behaviour therapy or other evidence-based intervention
- Demonstrated skills in the provision of high-quality assessments and interventions to resolve or ameliorate emotional distress of consumers.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform in an environment of change, to be creative when problem solving and work to timelines.
- A high level interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with clients, their families, friends and carers.
- An understanding of trauma informed care.
- AHPRA or AASW Registration and maintenance of registration standards and continuing professional development (CPD)
- Relevant qualifications including education and training in Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Psychiatric Nursing or Psychology
- Current QLD Blue Card
- Australian Police check
- Australian Working Rights
- Driver’s licence
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Induction and extensive Learning and Development Program
- Regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
How to apply:
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the attached position description. If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position description, please contact:
Adam Weatherill, Regional Manager: M 0410 051 936.
Applications remain open until successful candidates are identified.
We celebrate multidisciplinary teams and value the rich skills and experiences brought by applicants from a range of sectors and professional backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.