“Full citizenship for all people living with mental health issues in Australian society”
About the Role
- Full Time or Part Time (0.8FTE – 1.0FTE)
- Maximum Term Contract until 31 May 2022
- Senior Management and Specialist Remuneration Structure 2020-21 (Level and Band based on skills & exp)
- Location: Head to Heath service Geelong
The Head to Health Geelong (HTHG) centre is an exciting new service which provides the Geelong community an alternative service to attend when experiencing mental health crisis. Service delivery will reflect principals of Trauma Informed Care and Recovery Oriented practice. Delivered in partnership with community organisations, this Centre focuses on adults experiencing emotional distress, crises, mental ill health, and/or addiction, their families, and carers through a no wrong door approach. The Centre will offer a holistic approach to care, addressing a broad range of social, physical, and emotional needs, supported by best practice in evidence-based and evidence informed care.
The Senior Project Officer will be primarily responsible for providing comprehensive project support to the establishment and coordination of Head to Health Geelong. This role will assist the Regional Manager in developing the work program, including the design of a robust project management framework, setting of priorities, monitoring of key project milestones, and managing the process from start-up to initial implementation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in defining project scope and implementation plans in consultation with the Regional Manager and project team to ensure objectives are delivered in a timely and structured manner.
- Monitor and report on project milestones and delivery schedules.
- Assist in the management of key stakeholder and service delivery involvement so that the project delivers the required outcomes are completed within agreed timeframes.
- Develop and implement strategies and systems which promote flexibility and timely responses to changing priorities within the program.
- Assist with budget monitoring and expenditure, including preparation of reports to the Regional and State Manager.
- Desirable: Degree level qualification in business, management and/or project management or a related discipline & a broad understanding of the mental health service system in Australia
- Reporting to the Regional Manager this role is an integral part of the project team, working to ensure key outcomes are achieved within agreed timeframes and budgets
- The Senior Project Officer is a highly experienced and innovative professional, with proven knowledge and proficiency in project, service and/or contract management.
- Capability in financial/budget management and KPI reporting
- Neami National will require, as part of our condition of employment, that all candidates applying for any position must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (or have received one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine and have a scheduled appointment to receive their second dose.)
- Candidates will be required to provide appropriate evidence of COVID-19 vaccination to Neami National.
- Police check (refer to PD) – disclosable outcomes considered
- Being a part of a new and innovative way of supporting people in a Mental Health Crisis:
Why work with us?
Neami offers its staff a variety of incentives, such as:
- Philosophy of Care – Focus on innovative and trauma informed service provision underpinned by a philosophy co-designed with people with a lived experience of mental health
- Calm and respectful environment
- Team approach – multi-disciplinary, inclusive of all voices (including the lived experience), learn from each other
- Internationally recognised model
- Excellent project manager experience of a high profile service
- Development and career growth opportunities within HTHG and Neami more broadly
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
How to apply:
If you feel you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, then please apply before the close date.
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the attached position description. If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position description, please contact:
Di Nally – Regional Manager – 0408 057 139 or firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Senior Project Officer - Head to Health Geelong enquiry via EthicalJobs.
We celebrate multidisciplinary teams and value the rich skills and experiences brought by applicants from a range of sectors and professional backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.