We have an exciting opportunity for the right person to join our highly experienced and respected team of Allied health professionals. This position is suitable for a person with a behavioural science tertiary qualification, who wants to develop a career in behaviour support and providing therapeutic support to people with a disability. We are able to provide AHPRA accredited psychology supervision toward registration (4+2 and 5+1 pathways).
We are committed to the ongoing development of Allied Health team and to the successful candidate.
ABOUT NEXUS INC.
We are an NDIS registered, not for profit organisation based in Southern Tasmania. We employ over 400 staff who provide support and development opportunities to people requiring physical, social, and psychological supports. We provide support in clients’ own homes, in the community, and in supported living accommodation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
To contribute to the operational objectives of the work area, this position will have the following key responsibilities:
- Provision of input to clients including but not limited to psychological, cognitive, behavioural and/or capacity assessments, development of behaviour support plans and individual therapeutic interventions.
- Engagement with and provide advice and consultation to multidisciplinary teams, operational managers, staff, families and support networks working with complex clients.
- Ability to operate within the NDIS Quality and Safeguard Commission quality frameworks including the management of restrictive practice and the behaviour practitioner competency framework.
- Assistance in providing education and support to family, staff, carers, service providers and others involved in client support and management. Coach and problem solve specific issues with staff as they arise out of behaviour support plans and client support.
- Participation in quality improvement and research projects as agreed with the Manager Client Services.
- Actively pursuing contemporary professional knowledge and its application to people with complex support needs.
- Maintaining records of clinical and non-clinical activity in accordance with Nexus policy and procedures.
- Maintaining the philosophy of the organisation, work for its achievement and maintain best practice standards at all times.
- Ensuring continued participation in own self development. Participate in supervision and reflective practice. Pursue AHPRA registration where possible while being supported by a Nexus qualified supervisor.
- Ensuring compliance with service standards required by funding authorities (eg NDIS, Disability Services Act).
- Participating in an annual review with your manager.
- Operating within professional registration requirements.
- Tertiary qualifications in an allied health discipline.
- A minimum of eligibility to apply for appropriate Allied Health registration.
- An understand of fields related to behaviour support, complex case management, adolescent mental health or similar (desirable).
To work in the Disability sector you will need the following:
- National Police Check (less than 6 months old).
- Working with Vulnerable Persons Card Employment/Volunteer status with NDIS Endorsement.
- Compliance with Covid 19 requirements as directed by Public Health for employment in the Disability sector.
- Unrestricted Tasmanian drivers licence.
Note: A pre-employment physical will be required for this role (including drug and alcohol testing).
To submit your application, click Apply Now.
Contact: For enquires please contact Christie McLennan, Recruitment and Talent Advisor via firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Behaviour Support Practitioner enquiry via EthicalJobs
A position description is attached..