- $88,693 - $100,150 package pro-rata plus super and salary packaging ($ negotiable)
- Fixed-term 0.6-0.8 EFT to December 2022 with the opportunity to extend (flexibility around days/hours)
- Wallan, Broadford & Seymour locations
Who we are:
Nexus Primary Health (Nexus) is a not-for-profit organisation and is committed to excellence in the delivery of holistic, accessible, community-based health services that meet quality and safety standards. Nexus is a health-promoting workplace that actively celebrates and promotes diversity of backgrounds and differences to realise the potential of our employees. We are supportive of people who have been out of the workforce for an extended period. We encourage job applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander People, people with disabilities, people from the LGBTI community and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
What we offer:
- Working for a respected and sustainable organisation
- Salary commensurate with experience (between $88k-$100k plus super)
- Salary packaging for employees (incl. $15,900 tax-free annually)
- Secure hours and pay
- Become part of a collaborative and dynamic team
- Flexible work arrangements, including purchased leave - family-friendly
- Professional development opportunities and supervision
- Onsite parking and access to work vehicles
- Opportunities to work from home
About the opportunity:
Due to the dynamic and increasing needs of our community, we have a new position available for an engaging and experienced Psychologist, Counsellor or Social Worker to work within our supportive and dedicated Counselling Team. You will support children aged 0 to 17 years and their families/carers with a focus on helping understand, diagnose and treat developmental, cognitive, behavioural, social and emotional issues.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide short term brief and or single session therapeutic interventions addressing a range of issues including depression, anxiety, assertiveness, relationship, self-esteem, grief and loss and bereavement, parenting
- Liaise with the team leader to develop a group model of counselling
- Liaise with other members of the counselling team to assess appropriate referrals and model of care for clients
- Provide information, advocacy, crisis intervention and referral for clients
- Liaise with and work cooperatively with local service providers to ensure coordinated case management practice
To be successful in this role, you will have met the following selection criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Social Work or Psychology
- If Social Worker - Accredited Mental Health Social Worker (or working towards) is required
- If Psychologist - Registered with AHPRA
- Experience working with young people and their families/carers
- High-level knowledge of psychological interventions and strategies (CBT, DBT, ACT, MI etc.) and applicability in the treatment interventions for children and adolescents across of range of presenting issues, co-morbidity and psychosocial issues (including AOD, family violence, legal issues)
- Knowledge in Family and Child and Adolescent Psychology theory and practice, together with demonstrated commitment to maintain and update such knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of intersectionality, diversity, and cultural responsiveness
- Passionate about your work
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Willingness to learn and work in a team environment
If you are interested in the opportunity or have any questions, please call to speak with Maggie Abdelmalak, Counselling Team Leader on 1300 77 33 52.
To apply for this job click Apply Now & enter ref code: 5652224.
Only those who meet the selection criteria will be eligible to apply for this vacancy.