- Immediate start
- Salary packaging benefits
- Located in Woolner and around Darwin NT
- Serve your community in your specialist allied health field
WHAT WE DO
No Limits Community Services is a private community organisation dedicated to providing support services to people with a disability under the NDIS Scheme.
NLCS is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage applications from a diverse field, including Indigenous Australians, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, youth, and people with a disability.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Role and Responsibilities
You will be working closely with our participants, other service providers, stakeholders, senior managers and support workers to ensure effective and timely supports are provided to meet client needs in line with their NDIS packages and No Limits Community Services policies and procedures. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to and grow our clinical service offerings within service regions.
As a Behaviour Support Practitioner, your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide Behaviour Support services that are timely, efficient and effective, ensuring they meet the goals identified by the client and their families/carers
- Formulate, implement and monitor comprehensive behaviour support plans to manage behaviours of concern exhibited by people with complex needs including disability, dual diagnosis and mental health illnesses
- Complete on-site functional behaviour assessment (including data collation and analysis) of risk and behaviours of concern and maintain up to date progress reports.
- Ensuring Interim Behaviour Support Plans are lodged with the NDIS Commission within the mandated timeline – 1 month
- Ensuring Comprehensive Behaviour Support Plans are lodged with the NDIS Commission within the mandated timeline – 6 months
- Ensuring and maintaining all relevant supporting documentation for the completion of Comprehensive Behaviour Support Plans has been thoroughly completed and uploaded onto the central database
- Work in partnership with teams to implement and promote best practice in service delivery e.g. Person-Centred Active Support (PCAS) and Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)
- Work collaboratively with and provide training and support to support staff and clients’ stakeholders in interventions and strategies developed for NDIA participants including behaviour support plans, therapeutic interventions, restrictive practices, risk and safety plans.
- Work within the Victorian Regulatory requirements and NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission requirements, the NDIA Terms of Business and any State Based Restricted Practice Authorisation requirements
- Reporting OHS concerns and complying with the OHS Act
- Adhering to all No Limits Community Services policies and procedures and NDIS guidelines and regulations
- Undertake other therapeutic/ social work duties as required by the organisation
- Being flexible to provide coverage and also undertake duties as residential care work, intake, and other roles as part of rotational training.
- All other duties as directed by Senior Management
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Degree in psychology, occupational therapy or social work
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Working with Children check
- National Police Check (within 6 months)
- International Police Check (where applicable)
- Valid Australian Drivers Licence
- Current First Aid and CPR (Level 2 preferred)
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate
The occupant of this position is accountable in the implementation, promotion of, and compliance with, the Work Health and Safety Act (Commonwealth) 2011 within their work area; and in addition, identify, evaluate and manage risk that ensures staff and other persons within the work area:
- take reasonable care for their own health and safety;
- take reasonable care that their acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons; and
- comply with reasonable instruction, policy or procedures given or notified by the NLCS relating to health or safety across the NLCS.