Are you looking for a role that has variety, community engagement and where you can use your administrative skills to make a real difference in people’s lives today? Then do we have a role the role for you! With a love for Jesus and passion for helping people live life well, you will harness your inner XERO powers, with attention to detail, creating streamlined processes, engage with a diverse range of people from the community and provide meaningful experiences for those visiting Northern Community Church of Christ, in Preston (Vic).
Over the last 18 months as an essential service, Northern Community passion for the community has provided a safe place for a diverse group of people to experience compassion and care, with 4600 food hampers provided and 300 homes supported. So if you love Jesus, administration and people, then not only are you a rare and pretty amazing person, but this role could be for you.
Selection Criteria includes:
- A person with a love for Jesus, committed to the local Church and its mission and a desire to help people live life well
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate with, delegate to and motivate a broad range of people and who is not easily flustered
- At least five years’ experience in Office Management or Administration
- Financially competent with current XERO experience highly preferred
- A high level of knowledge and experience in administrative specific skills, e.g. Word, Excel
- Experience in supervision and training
- Ability to take the initiative and work autonomously as well as in a team setting which includes oversight of volunteers and staff
- Experience in the Social and Community sector would be highly desirable
- Maintain confidentiality and the appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Ability and commitment to self-care and personal development
- Recent experience in Adobe Creative Suite, and WordPress Websites would be beneficial
- A current Federal Police Check and Working with Children Check
- Australian Citizen or a permanent resident of Australia
A position description is attached.