We’re looking for a skilled, hands-on fundraiser to support the National Parks Association of NSW (NPA) in our tireless advocacy for national parks, nature and wildlife.
This exciting role will drive the growth of our donor development program, focusing on the acquisition, cultivation and retention of donors. You will prepare engaging content for appeals, social media, eDMs and in-house publications.
The role offers the flexibility of working from NPA’s Pyrmont office or from a suitable home office. This is a part-time role of 15.2 hours per week.
The Fundraising Manager reports to our Executive Officer and works closely with NPA staff and the Fundraising Committee.
Your key responsibilities are to:
- Develop and implement strategies to acquire, secure, maintain and cultivate donors.
- Identify potential donors, including philanthropic foundations, and build ongoing relationships with NPA.
- Assist the Executive Officer and Board to engage with high value donors.
- Develop pipelines for increased giving, regular giving, major donations and bequests.
- Plan, develop and implement initiatives to support donors, including thank-you calls, cards, tailored appeals, telemarketing and special events.
- Secure new donors from NPA’s broad base of supporters.
- Re-engage with lapsed donors.
- Organise at least one special event per year for existing and potential donors.
- Analyse donor behaviours, donation trends and pipelines for increased giving.
- Prepare copy for publications including electronic and hard-copy direct mail appeals, social media, quarterly retention newsletters and the Annual Report.
- Work with the NPA Communications and Publication Manager to generate positive media and improve the website’s relevance to potential and existing donors.
Your application should address the following selection criteria:
- Proactive with a collaborative, positive, can-do approach.
- Commitment to the environmental and community goals of the NPA.
- Extensive professional experience in building support and donations.
- Extensive experience in engaging with existing and potential donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships.
- Experience in communicating with established and potential donors through social media.
- A high level of fundraising creativity, with solid experience developing and delivering appeals.
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve deadlines.
A position description is attached.