North Richmond Community Health (NRCH) is committed to making healthcare more accessible and culturally relevant. With the recent addition of Victoria’s first Medically Supervised Injecting Room, NRCH works with community members to support social justice principles which afford all people the right to dignity, respect, and the highest quality of care.
NRCH provides a range of medical, allied health, dental and community services to clients from all backgrounds.
The Yarra Housing Estate Mental Health Project Coordinator role (part-time fixed term) coordinates and implements defined outcomes for the Yarra Mental Health Project. This 12-month project will:
- Continue the implementation, monitoring and stewardship of actions underway identified in the community-led priorities from the Yarra Mental Health Forum.
- Work with existing stakeholders, as well as identifying additional stakeholders, in order to understand service sector intersectionality with a view to providing cohesive services across the three Yarra Housing Estates via a partnership approach between government, service providers and residents.
- Collaborate with the Yarra Residents Voice Group and provide leadership of related mental health engagement activities. This will include refining and updating priorities with residents, actioning priorities across settings, and reporting to the group on the progress.
- Develop mental health literacy of residents and community and faith leaders
- Implement strategies to help reduce stigma of people accessing mental health services and experiencing poor mental health
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Improve the understanding and increase awareness of local mental health services available to residents living in the Yarra Housing Estates Support strategies via communication, education and capacity building in community for reducing stigma for people experiencing mental health issues
- Strengthen mental health services engagement with residents on the Yarra Housing Estates
- Establish and/or improve referral pathways that provide timely access to culturally safe mental health services
- Chair the Project Reference Group for the Yarra Housing Mental Health Project
- Provide direction and supervision of the Mental Health Concierge staff that will be employed to support the project.
Essential Qualifications and Experience include, but are not limited to
- Mental Health Qualification, Social Work/Counselling qualification.
- Experience working in mental health service or field
- Experience in project management
- Experience in community development or similar
- Must have worked with diverse communities
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a Police Check prior to any offer of employment being made and only successful candidates will be notified
A position description is attached.