The Northern Territory Council of Social Service Inc. (NTCOSS) is the peak body for the Northern Territory social and community service sector and an advocate for those who are disadvantaged.
NTCOSS is a member-based organisation that represents a varied social and community services sector (the Sector), with members contributing different experiences and perspectives.
As a representative voice of the Sector to Government, NTCOSS seeks to strengthen the Sector so that it can continue providing its essential services to the NT community. NTCOSS members are central to our work and advocacy.
In this newly created role, you will work collaboratively with the NTCOSS team to develop and implement actions and activities that drive awareness of NTCOSS, attract new members and value add to current memberships.
Statement of Duties:
- Development and review of the NTCOSS member engagement strategy
- Member recruitment, engagement and renewal including maintaining membership database/s
- Report membership trends to Board and CEO
- Coordination of member scholarship programs
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of the NTCOSS website/s with a special focus on member areas and online-directory, NTCommunity, by actively encouraging organisations, agencies and community groups to list on the directory
- Assist in the development and delivery of sector support and member events and activities, including: networks meetings, forums, trainings and conferences
- Support the development and dissemination of NTCOSS external communications
- Other appropriate duties as requested
- Well-developed and current knowledge of the social and community sector in the NT
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice principles
- Experience working for a member-based organisation
- Competent use of Microsoft Office 365 (and associated apps), WordPress and Mailchimp
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, combined with the willingness to liaise with a wide range of people from varied cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- A current NT Working With Children Card and a current NT driver licence.
Applicants are welcome to contact Janine Sims, NTCOSS Deputy CEO via email@example.com using the subject line: Member Engagement Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs or 8948 2665 for further information regarding the position.
A position description is attached.