Who are we?
Outcare provides person centred care for people whose circumstances place them at risk of entry to the criminal justice system, or who are currently serving a sentence. Under our parent company, Nulsen Group, our purpose is to support people to regain direction and reintegrate into the community.
About the Role:
The Case Manager in the Aboriginal Throughcare Program is responsible for providing ongoing support and expertise for the planning and implementation of person-centred action plans that fulfil the reintegrating and re-connection of clients who have been or are at risk of being detained within the justice system.
- Utilise principals of recovery orientated practice, support and assist clients to develop skills, assisting and encourage offenders to make positive changes and increase personal functioning.
- Work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders including but limited to: Department of Corrective Services, Transitional Accommodation Support Service Coordinator, Custodial Officer, Correctional officers to provide best possible care, services and support to individuals exiting correctional facilities
- Provide guidance and encouragement to clients to achieve agreed to goals as detailed in their action plan.
- Encourage positive relationships and support networks through role modelling.
- Educate, encourage and support clients to engage with internal and external support services.
- Intensive Case management which commences 3 months prior to client release and follow this through for up to 12 months post release from custody
- Establish and maintain collaborative and supportive relationships with clients, service providers, other team members and the local community through demonstrating respect, empathy and the willingness to understand differences in culture and customs.
- Experience working successfully with clients from low-socio economic and disadvantaged groups as well as clients with a history of offending and re-offending.
- Previous knowledge of barriers facing Aboriginal people in metropolitan Perth.
- Qualification in Social Work, Health, Community Services or an equivalent professional experience
- 2 years Case Management Support within a community services environment
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing a caseload and case planning, including people with complex and/or high level needs with a capacity to apply a range of intervention strategies
What we give back:
- Great salary packaging options (reduces your taxable income)
- Career progression opportunities
- Free, confidential counselling service
- Working with a great team of like-minded people
- Ongoing training that includes Nulsen’s positive behaviour support training to give you the skills to make a bigger difference in peoples' lives.
If you have any questions please contact Nina Anderson, Manager, Justice Services on 0416 686 789.