To undertake research and assist to develop a Business Case for the establishment of Food Distribution and Warehouse Centre in the outer east of Melbourne.
The Business Case will be developed using the Department of Treasury and Finance – Investment Management Standard (IMS). The person will not be expected to be proficient in or have used the IMS before but to assist in developing the Business Case.
The Business case will be presented to various potential funders including:
- State Government
- Local Government
- Private Organisations
The Business Case will need to be completed in October 2021.
The person is expected to work with OEF Chair to develop the Business Case and undertake the following tasks:
- Investigate suitable facilities in the Yarra Region
- Contact relief agencies for their input
- Investigate possible capital and operating costs
- Investigate high-level logistics
- Assist to compile financial and non-financial benefits
- Investigate potential funding opportunities
- Assist with the writing of the Business Case
- Assist with other activities related the developing the Business Case
The problem and opportunity
- OEF collect food from OzHarvest, Secondbite and Food Bank Victoria who are located in the inner city – Port Melbourne, Yarraville area. We have a one-tonne van and are limited by its capacity and at times can make several trips per week to these centres.
- Food is collected and distributed on a weekly basis making it difficult to stockpile food when there is plenty and running out when there is less.
Other relief agencies in the Yarra region are in a similar position.
- We believe that there is excess food produced by farmers in the Yarra Valley but we have no capacity to collect or store the food, meaning it may be going to waste.
- At times food relief agencies have difficulty accessing food and a food distribution and warehouse facility may address that problem.
The applicant needs to have a registered business for contract and payment purposes.
Qualifications / Previous Experience/Desirable
- Food handling logistics experience
- Tertiary Qualification in businesses or finance
Key Selection Criteria
- Research and investigative skills
- Personal skills to contact agencies and food distribution centres and farmers
- Skills to assist in analysing
- Well-developed computer literacy skills including Office 365 suite or similar products
A position description is attached.