Due to continued growth and innovation, we have a new opportunity for experienced Occupational Therapists to join our team. Full time or part time!
Suncoast Integrated Therapies (SIT) is a fast growing, innovative allied health service located on the Sunshine Coast. SIT is an associated entity of 121 Care, a not-for-profit organisation made up of a team of passionate, skilled professionals who love what they do.
In conjunction with providing a range of occupational therapy services, we are the only licensed Sunshine Coast supplier and provider of the MOllii Suit - an innovative, assistive technology. To learn more about this or our organisation, please go to our website: https://121care.org.au/sit/ or www.121care.org.au
About the role
The purpose of this role is to provide occupational therapy services and prescribe equipment to private treatment clients, WorkCover, CTP, DVA & Aged Care clients.
You will work with NDIS participants providing assessments and therapies to increase skills for independence and community participation.
You will also be involved in providing detailed support plans designed to deliver progress or change for NDIS participants which clearly states expected therapy outcomes and demonstrated links to participant goals, objectives and aspirations.
Our office is based in Maroochydore and we have clients throughout the Sunshine Coast to the Northern Brisbane area. Therefore, we have some flexibility with where the positions are based and can negotiate whether the roles are full time or part time.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Undertaking assessments and making recommendations in line with client goals
- Plan and provide appropriate treatment and activities
- Assess the success of ongoing treatments
- Effectively manage your caseload
- Prepare reports and keep accurate records
- Assess care requirements and create care plans
- Providing equipment prescriptions
- Providing clients with the necessary treatment in relation to their needs
- Other administrative tasks associated with this position.
Essential Skills & Attributes
- Hold a degree in Occupational Therapy
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, including 1 year of NDIS experience
- Be qualified and experienced in prescribing equipment in line with NDIS plans
- Strong written skills for writing clinical plans, reports, correspondence and other documents
- Strong knowledge and experience in legislation and standards which are critical to the provision of support to people with a disability and mental health disabilities
- Current registration with Medicare, APHRA and related insurances
- High level interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in working with best practice occupational therapist customer service delivery
- Proven ability to manage workload and meet deadlines
- A passion for innovation and commitment to excellence
- Desirable: Experience providing service to NDIS participants and NDIS registration.
- NDIS Worker Screening clearance or current Yellow Card or ability to obtain
- Current driver’s licence & own vehicle
- Completion of the NDIS Workers Orientation module
- Current First Aid & CPR certification.
- Part of a small team with the support of a large organisation
- Culture of continuous improvement
- Highly engaged team of professionals who share your passion
- Full training provided on innovative technology - MOllii Suit and Cold Laser therapy.
- The opportunity to be part of a growing business that focuses on innovative treatments
- Flexible working hours
- Great salary package
- Employee Assistance Program & various employee benefits
- Partnerships with other community groups including PBF Australia.
Relevant criminal history screening and other pre-employment checks will apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce. People with disabilities or those who identify as belonging to a minority group are encouraged to apply.