About the role
- Join Queensland's leading LGBTIQ+ youth service, supporting young people since 2003
- Experienced Intake Officer required to work minimum 15 hours per week in busy specialist Youth Service
- Centrally based in Fortitude Valley
Key responsibilities of the Intake Officer role will include:
- Responding to pre-referral inquiries received by Open Doors Youth Service
- Engage young people and their families appropriately based on developmental and cognitive functioning
- Conduct intake and assessment of young people and document he results of assessment and screening
- Conduct social and emotional well-being risk assessments for young people entering ODYS to determine support required
- Provide brief interventions to young people with mild to moderate risk concerns
- Facilitate the triage and integration of young people to ODYS services based on initial assessments performed including warm handover
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate client records to comply with internal and external record keeping requirements at all times
- Be the first point of contact for all new referrals into ODYS
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar position working directly with young LGBTIQAP+ Sistergirl and Brotherboy people and their families
- Demonstrated experience undertaking assessments to determine client needs, and to assist clients to access appropriate supports
- Demonstrated ability to deliver brief therapeutic interventions, counselling and care planning services
- Demonstrated knowledge of supports available within ODYS and the requirements of each program required to be eligible for each program stream
- Demonstrated experience working within a multidisciplinary team environment required to coordinate effective care pathways for clients
- Demonstrated experience in the youth and/or mental health sector
Open Doors Youth Service has been in operation since 2003 providing support to young people who identify as part of the LGBTIQ+ community and their families. We support young people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual, Pansexual, Sistergirl and Brotherboy aged 12 - 24 across South East Queensland.
This is an exciting time to join Open Doors Youth Service. Over the past few years, we have been building our capabilities and services to better cater to the unique needs of young LGBTIQ+ folks in our community. We are a small, but growing group of passionate people who work together to better the lives of our young people.
Diversity is a cornerstone value of our organisation - we value and celebrate all forms of diversity and encourage applicants of all identities, backgrounds and abilities to apply.
Please contact ODYS Service Delivery Manager Sally Morris for a position description for this role:
E: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Intake Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.
P: 0409 050 186