About the business
RWAV (Rural Workforce Agency Victoria) is a non-profit government funded organisation improving healthcare for rural, regional and Aboriginal communities in Victoria. At RWAV we create sustainable health workforce models that support Victoria's rural, regional and Aboriginal communities. In drawing upon trusted relationships, smart data and best practice we establish models that are capable, connected and tailored to the communities we serve.
About the role
RWAV is seeking to appoint a Program Coordinator initially for a 12-month fixed term contract. The primary function of your role as Program Coordinator working in our Outreach team to implement, coordinate and maintain the service delivery of Victorian Outreach Service Eye and Ear Surgical Support Services (EESS) program in rural, regional and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities across Victoria.
- Work collaboratively with the key stakeholders, including local GPs, Aboriginal Health Liaison Officers (AHLOs), Aboriginal Health Workers, Echuca Regional Health, Bendigo Health, Royal Eye and Ear Hospital, Njernda Aboriginal Corporation and The Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (VACCHO) to develop, implement and evaluate the pilot model of care.
- Explore the feasibility of outreach models which use multi-disciplinary team-based care, e.g. delivering service as a team, or a mix of visiting health professionals collaborating with others posted at the spoke sites, such as an allied health follow-up team.
- Streamline processes and increase access to support for service providers, including providing information sessions, conducting meetings with service providers, providing orientation support for new outreach providers to build trust between service providers and the community.
- Assist with the monitoring and collection of data for the purposes of preparing contractual reporting, board reports, external presentations with agreed procedures, protocols and time-frames.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or relevant in human resources, recruitment, procurement, health administration, health promotion, public health or business.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the specific health, cultural and social issues facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Sound understanding of the issues relating to holistic client care and the importance of integrated networks between ACCOs, mainstream GPs, primary and secondary care.
- Demonstrated understanding and skills in the implementation and monitoring of contractual requirements, the preparation of reports and related budget monitoring.
Benefits and perks
As an employer of choice, RWAV offers the following employee benefits:
- Hybrid work from home/office model
- Flexible work/life balance
- FBT-exempt salary packaging options
- Professional development
- Access to “Flexi Days” off
- Active social club
Please note you will be required to provide the following prior to commencement in the position:
- Certification of Tertiary Qualifications.
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccinations.
- A National Police check is required prior to commencement in the position.
For further questions regarding this role and the PD, please refer to our website https://www.rwav.com.au/about-us/careers-with-rwav/ or contact at email@example.com using the subject line: Program Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Please be aware due to the high volume of applicant we anticipate to apply for this position only those shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.