You would be joining a small and dedicated team of therapists providing intensive in-home engagement with a small caseload of no more than 5 families. Based in Frankston you may be required to attend the office on occasions, however you will have the option to work largely from home with additional access to any of the OzChild offices. You will be working flexibly to deliver outreach to your families and stakeholders within the South East Melbourne region across the week and will be provided a company vehicle or car allowance.
Multisystemic therapy (MST) is an evidence-based program that works to empower families to understand the factor’s which drive a young person’s offending behaviour and introduce interventions to support them to make positive changes in their lives. All clinicians receive comprehensive training in the MST model and framework, and are supported with weekly supervision and consultation, and ongoing training. For more information on MST visit https://www.mstservices.com/
- Work intensively with family members, often with complex needs, to provide direct and effective treatment.
- Although support is largely provided in general working hours you must be available to Provide on call phone support (shared amongst the team-one week out of every three) to answer any out of hours calls.
- Provide evidence-based behavioural therapy interventions targeting behavioural change.
- Conduct assessments including review of referral information and maintain clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts
- Engage primary caregiver(s) and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
- Undertake and implement problem conceptualisation, treatment planning, interventions, and case outcome reviews using the MST Analytic Process.
Who we are looking for:
- Experience with collaboration and partnerships with community agencies
- Previous experience providing in-home, outreach, or community-based therapeutic services.
- Demonstrated ability to engage key stakeholders and work systemically, including as clinical lead.
- Proven ability to plan and deliver evidence-based interventions with individuals or families or systems and to effectively and independently time manage caseload and documentation requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of cultural sensitivities and demonstrated ability to engage and effectively work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and CALD communities. .
- Experience conducting risk assessments and completing safety planning.
- Current driver’s license.
- Individual therapy with children and adults using cognitive behavioural techniques.
- Family therapy experience.
- Implementation of interventions within or between systems in the youth’s natural ecology that affect or influence the behaviour of youth (i.e. providing interventions within family, peer groups, schools, and/or neighbourhoods)
- Relevant experience working with marginalised, minority and difficult to engage young people and/or their families.
- Demonstrated experience or knowledge in models or interventions relevant to the treatment of families or anti-social youth such as family/caregiver systems theory and interventions and behavioural cognitive therapies.
- Maximum term contract for 12 months
- Full time hours
- Flexible working hours with a Frankston base and access to OzChild office hot desks.
- Ability to undertake aspects of work from home.
- A vehicle allowance of $15,000 on top of your salary or access to a company car.
- Salary $90,000 + additional $5000 on call
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- Team based treatment environment with intensive collaboration and clinical training, clinical supervision and consultation
- Unique culture promoting diversity and shared values
- Collaborative and cohesive working culture
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
Please do not delay your application.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check and provide a WWCC for Victoria.
COVID-19- All interviews are currently being conducted via video this may be subject to change.
HOW TO APPLY:
You can apply for this position today by clicking APPLY NOW below.
You can view the position description and then submit a resume with a cover letter that outlines your skills and experiences as well as your motivation for applying.
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact MST Program supervisor Kylie Williams on 0438 976 878 or email@example.com. Alternatively, Paul Ridley, HR Advisor Recruitment on 03 9695 2243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Family Therapist enquiry via EthicalJobs
If shortlisted, you will receive a follow up recruitment pack detailing MST.