- Location: Brisbane
- Salary: $40.39/hr + super and salary packaging options
- Type of Employment: fixed term, until 30 June 2022, with possibility of extension
- Hours: Part Time (0.8FTE), flexible across 4 or 5 days
Join an innovative and compassionate charity that makes a difference.
About the Organisation
Palliative Care Queensland (PCQ) is a leading charity and independent peak body representing palliative care providers, consumers and their families and those with an interest in palliative care in Queensland. PCQ was established in 1988 and is a membership-based organisation, supporting the individuals, families, carers, community members, as well as specialist and generalist health care professionals working with Queenslanders experiencing serious illness, dying, death and grief. Collectively, the PCQ membership body holds tremendous knowledge and wisdom about the challenges the sector faces and the opportunities those challenges can bring. PCQ is a founding member of Palliative Care Australia. Palliative Care Queensland operates programs such as Ambulance Wish Queensland, PalliLearn, Last Aid and PalliChat.
About the role
This position will lead the development and implementation of the PCQ fundraising and donation program (with a key focus on Ambulance Wish Queensland program). The Relationships and Fundraising Manager will lead orporate and membership relations and is paramount in ensuring PCQ is a recognisable, worthy and respected charity.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a Partnerships, Donations, and Fundraising Strategy and relevant tools, resources and training
- Lead all donation, bequests, corporate giving and fundraising activities, including appeals, acquisitions, retention, stewardship and identifying and cultivating major donor bequests
- Organise annual fundraising dinner for Ambulance Wish Queensland
- Meet or exceed Fundraising revenue targets by effectively managing relationships and activities
- Recruit, lead and support the PCQ fundraising volunteers
- Lead the PCQ membership portfolio, strengthen membership engagement and grow membership
- Maintain PCQ CRM to ensure key relationships, membership and donors are cultivated
- Work with the team to develop key messages and effective communication strategies that support
multiple channels of giving and ensure they continue to evolve.
- Foster and build long term relationships with corporate partners and members
- Develop relationship and fundraising reports for the Executive Committee and relevant groups
- Work closely with the CEO and Business Manager to proactively Identify and introduce new innovative channels that grow levels of funding
- Minimum 3 years working in fundraising / business development related roles
- Qualifications in marketing, business, fundraising, communications or a related discipline
- Highly effective interpersonal and stakeholder management skills which achieve successful business outcomes within complex multi-level environments
- Demonstrated capability in fundraising, negotiation, and revenue generation
- Strategic, innovative and big picture thinker with the ability to contribute at a senior level and implement strategic decisions
- Proven experience in use of social media and web-integration applications to raise funds
- Excellent writing skills and ability to target written communication for a specific audience
- High-level digital fundraising/marketing experience and skills
How to Apply
Download the full Position Description below.
Please submit the following three items before the closing date and time, including:
- Cover Letter
- A summary of how you meet the key attributes of the position (found in the position description found on the website)
Please note: Applicants who do not follow these instructions will not be considered eligible
Please contact HR@palliativecareqld.org.au, using the subject line: Relationships and Fundraising Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs if you have any question