- Are you ready for a life changing life in the care and support sector? We are now hiring.
- With a job at ParaQuad NSW, you’ll have opportunities to work flexible hours, and learn and grow across a variety of roles. You will change lives – as well as your own.
- Access to the highest quality training provided by qualified Occupational Therapists and Registered Nurses
- Vacancies available: Newtown, Rozelle, Croydon Park, Berala, Randwick, North Willoughby, Lane Cove West, Penrith, Razorback, Campbelltown and Marayong
We are looking for people with diverse skills and backgrounds who want to make a difference for people. We offer on-the-job training, mentoring, peer support, and you’ll work with clients who are a good match for you.
No experience is required, and training will be provided to the right candidates! We are a key service provider for clients with spinal cord injuries and other physical disabilities, so we welcome those with previous support experience as well as those seeking their first steppingstone into the industry.
What’s in it for you?
- You will have access to the highest quality training for further qualifications
- Salary is based on experience and skills + we encourage and provide excellent career and learning opportunities to up-skill you. We invest in you.
- Great work life balance! Great team environment!
- Client centred, friendly, supportive, fun, and welcoming atmosphere
- Take reward in being part of a team that helps people with a disability / injury
ParaQuad believe finding people with the right values is important. This helps you to fit in well with our organisation, the people with disability we support and makes for a more positive workplace for everyone. Ideally, you will be a flexible support worker who is looking to make a difference in our community with values of Integrity, Reliability, Leadership Respect.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing a person-centred approach to provide personal care and assist clients to maintain a level of independence in their home.
- Supporting our clients with community access activities such as going shopping, navigating public transport, visiting community facilities and more.
- Providing personal care assistance in the form of showering, toileting and overall personal hygiene maintenance
- Assisting with bladder Care and bowel Care including enema insertion
- Assisting with mobility and transfers
- Assisting with meal-time preparations as per the request of our clients
- Assisting with domestic assistance by ensuring the home environment of our clients is neat and tidy at all times
What’s required for the role?
- Availability for casual hours between 6am to 11pm with shifts ranging from 1 to 6 hours
- NDIS Worker Screening Check or willing to obtain one
- Current NSW Drivers Licence and Vehicle
- Current First Aid Certificate or be willing to obtain one
- Smart phone/mobile phone with internet capability to access your electronic roster, payroll and leave application systems
- Flexibility to work early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Proven capability to build and sustain positive working relationships, and the ability to work in a team environment or independently as required
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- A Cert III/IV in Disability, Aged Care or Assistant in Nursing, experience in a similar role providing complex personal care or an understanding of the rights and requirements of people with a disability would be an advantage.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for or if you’d like to find out more, APPLY NOW!
ParaQuad is an EEO Employer and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Successful applicants will be required to consent to a pre-employment health assessment, reference checks and an NDIS Worker Screening check.
For more information, please call us on (02) 8741 5620.