- 35 hr per week
- Maternity Leave Position (12 months)
Peninsula Community Legal Centre Inc. is seeking a Family Lawyer to join our dynamic team providing high quality and timely legal services to clients affected by Family Violence under the Family Advocacy Support Services Project and the Centre’s CLSP Family Law Service.
The Community Lawyer Family will provide duty lawyer services at the Family Law Court, Dandenong Registry including information, advice, minor assistance, casework duty representation, risk identification and referral services. The Community Lawyer will also provide advice and casework services to the Centre’s CLSP family law clients.
You will need:
- Possesses, or is eligible to possess, a current practicing certificate including High Court registration with two years post admission practice.
- Experience in court representation including contested hearings.
- Highly developed advocacy skills.
- Extensive experience in family law and family violence, with an understanding of the challenges impacting vulnerable community members when accessing the family law and family violence legal systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to social justice principles, understanding of the legal assistance sector and a commitment to PCLC ‘s vision and values.
- Experience in, or demonstrated capacity to undertake, direct legal service delivery, including provision of information, advice and referral services, negotiation and advocacy on behalf of clients, representation of clients in courts and other legal settings.
- Knowledge of VLA Grant Guidelines and ATLAS
The position is a Maternity Leave position of 12 months with the possibility of an extension.
For further information please contact Jackie Galloway 9783 3600.
A position description is attached.