Peninsula Community Legal Centre Inc. is seeking an experienced Community Lawyer to join our family violence team.
The Community Lawyer, Family Violence will provide family violence legal services including information, intake & triage, advice, minor assistance, casework, representation and referral services.
The Position will also provide pre court engagement and family violence duty lawyer services at the Frankston Specialist Family Violence Court.
35 hr per week.
You will need:
- Possesses, or is eligible to possess, a current practicing certificate with two years post admission practice.
- Experience in court representation including contested hearings and summary crime
- Highly developed advocacy skills
- Experience in family violence with an understanding of the challenges impacting vulnerable community members when accessing the family violence and family law legal systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to social justice principles, understanding of the legal assistance sector and a commitment to PCLC ‘s vision and values.
- Experience in, or demonstrated capacity to undertake, direct legal service delivery, including provision of information, advice and referral services, negotiation and advocacy on behalf of clients, representation of clients in courts and other legal settings.
For further information please contact Jackie Galloway 9783 3600.
A position description is attached.