- Full Time | Not for Profit | Alice Springs | CL 4 – CL 5 | Salary $63,794 - $75,452 + super
- This position is open to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people only
About the organisation
We are a council of 90 Aboriginal women and men elected by our communities in Central Australia to represent them, fight for their rights, help them reclaim and manage their land and realise the opportunities that come with the recognition of property rights.
All sections across the Central Land Council (CLC) are now engaged in post-determination activities focused on assisting Aboriginal people to use their land for social, cultural and economic benefits. There are significant opportunities for Aboriginal leadership in the Central Australian economy.
About the role
Under the direction of the Manager, Human Resources, the Human Resources Advisor (HR Advisor) supports the implementation HR projects and initiatives, including reviewing and updating policies and procedures, consulting the broader HR team as appropriate. The HR Advisor is responsible for timely and efficient processing of Human Resource functions across a variety of areas ensuring compliance with the CLC Enterprise Agreement, HR policies and procedures. Specific Responsibilities of this role include:
- Recruitment and Onboarding: Coordinates recruitment activities (end to end process) and facilitates mainstream new employee/induction and onboarding processes.
- HR Partnering: With guidance from the HR Manager, they work with allocated sections to provide employee life cycle support, employee contract management and performance management actions, including disciplinary processes.
- HR Advice: Respond to requests for assistance from managers/supervisors to ensure alignment of HR practices with regulatory, legislative, and organisational requirements. Provide advice and support to employees including policy and procedure application, EA, performance management, grievances, and complaints handling.
- HR Administration: Maintain consistent, accurate data in eDIS and HRIS, provide support to the payroll function as required, promote equality and diversity as a part of the culture of the organisation.
As HR Advisor, you will engage with constituents about their aspirations, identify and broker new opportunities, support pathways into business, and share evidence and collate with others.
The successful candidate has a Diploma in HR or equivalent experience.
key Selection Criteria
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
- Diploma in Human Resources or higher or equivalent experience.
- Ability to observe strictest confidentiality with all employee information and demonstrate advanced administrative skills.
- Demonstrated time management, attention to detail, problem solving and organisations skills of a high order. Must be proactive, initiate and set priorities, undertake new tasks quickly, be flexible ad respond effectively to challenges with a high level or personal responsibility.
- Knowledge of modern awards. Fair Work Act 2009, Work Health and Safety (Commonwealth) Act 2011 and other associated or similar legislation, standards and codes of Practice as well as advanced computer skills across a range of applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and HRIS.
- 7. Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with people, particularly Aboriginal people.
- A current NT driver's licence and the ability to operate four-wheel drive vehicles safely in remote localities.
- Must hold (or be capable of holding and apply for) an Ochre Card from SafeNT and undertake a National Police Certificate assessment if required.
- Certificate IV Work Health and Safety and AHRI practising certificate.
- Knowledge and understanding of the overall context in which the Central Land Council operates, Aboriginal societal and cultural understanding of relevant contemporary issues, and experience of Aboriginal people in the Central Australian setting will be highly regarded.
What we can offer you
- An attractive base salary + 13% super.
- Generous salary packaging (max $29,000 annually), depending on individual circumstances.
- Ongoing District allowance circa $3,100 for an individual or $5,670 with dependents and
- Yearly airfare allowance circa $1025.
- Relocation assistance, fully furnished accommodation for the first 4 months of relocation.
- Work in a diverse environment where you have the potential to affect real change.
How to get more information
Additional information is available in the role description or by contacting the team at Pipeline Talent.
Lesina Gibbs-Manuatu | Talent Acquisition Team Leader Email: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Human Resources Advisor - Alice Springs enquiry via EthicalJobs (M) 0408 027 880 or (Ph) 02 8001 6603.