- Full Time | Permanent, Ongoing | Perth/Broome | $91,651 - $101,613 plus 15.4% super
IBA strongly encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply
About the organisation
Indigenous Business Australia partners and invests with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who want to own their future. We go further than provide money; we invest in people, places and ideas that are ready. We help make them real. We’re deeply invested in the financial success and economic independence of Indigenous Australians. It’s why we exist.
We provide a range of services for Indigenous Australians to create wealth and accumulate assets, take up investment opportunities, create business enterprises that provide additional employment opportunities, and to purchase homes. We achieve these outcomes by applying a commercial focus, and by building mutually respectful and productive partnerships with Indigenous Australians, government, non-government and private sector organisations. Our staff align with our value of invested, informed, responsive, respected and connected.
About the role
The Senior Business Development Officer reports to the Team Leader. This role is responsible for team workload distribution and supporting the team's development of commercial credit submissions to the Credit Assessment team. The Senior Business Development Officer will work with a significant degree of independence and under limited supervision and direction.
The main responsibilities of the role are to successfully:
- Foster and maintain networks of sector stakeholders, manage relationships to identify and build a pipeline of potential customers who are aspiring, start-up or existing business operators.
- Develop and complete commercial credit submissions to the Credit Assessment Team.
- Provide support and guidance to customers to develop their business and finance proposals.
- Provide guidance and linkages to resources that supports customers' development of personal characteristics, capabilities, industry knowledge and understanding of the principles of business, necessary to establish and operate a viable business.
- Administer, facilitate, and build participation in business information sessions and seminars including in regional and remote locations.
- Apply data and document storage principles and accurately capture, manage, and report information.
As the Senior Business Development Officer, you will be an experienced and motivated person, preferably with experience in entrepreneurship and small business development, business finance and network development. You will understand, or have the ability to learn, commercial principles and business concepts to work closely with customers to assess their business readiness and establish a development pathway into business - commercial banking experience will be advantageous. You are interested in promoting Indigenous economic empowerment. You will be able to undertake regional and remote travel as required, including overnight absences at least once each month.
- Awareness and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and culture, as well as Australian Indigenous issues, particularly as they relate to small business.
- Cultural capability including a demonstrated ability to liaise, communicate and negotiate sensitively and effectively with Indigenous individuals and communities.
- Experience and understanding of business concepts/operations/management, small business start-up and development, risk identification, assessment, control, mitigation, monitoring and control.
- An understanding of commercial lending and credit assessment with the ability to write, assess and manage credit applications, as well as to undertake financial analysis to evaluate businesses, projects and budgets, and provide guidance to customers.
- Demonstrated experience and significant ability to build beneficial working relationships with stakeholders & customers, having a significant level of customer focus and commitment to quality customer service
What we can offer you
- An attractive salary + 15.4% superannuation + salary packaging.
- 4 weeks Annual Leave, with half pay Annual Leave available.
- 18 days cumulative personal/carer’s leave.
Additional information is available in the role description or by contacting the team at Pipeline Talent.
- Lesina Gibbs-Manuatu | Talent Acquisition Team Leader
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Senior Business Development Officer - Indigenous Business Australia - Perth / Broome enquiry via EthicalJobs
- (M) 0408 027 880 or (Ph) 02 8001 6603