Praesideo is a climate-tech start-up developing a climate data platform providing trusted climate insights. Our mission is to create transparency on climate action by providing reliable climate data to market stakeholders, motivating companies to take faster action on climate change.
We enable businesses and investors to achieve visibility of their full value chain emissions by helping our customers to assess and align their supply chains and investment portfolios with their own net-zero targets.
Praesideo’s approach is to:
- Fill data gaps on full value-chain emissions, providing both granular and aggregated climate information.
- Assess and temperature map companies, governments and investors, and their suppliers and portfolio companies, providing tools to manage their transition to meet Paris Agreement goals.
- Provide market oversight of companies’ performance against their net-zero commitments.
About the Role
Praesideo is looking to appoint a Senior Carbon Analyst. The position is a new role within the small but growing Carbon Analytics Team. The Carbon Analytics Team is responsible for the research and development of Praesideo’s climate platform analytics and tools, including our Carbon Ratings and temperature alignment tools.
The Senior Carbon Analyst will lead several research and development initiatives required to shape the climate insights provided to customers through the platform. These initiatives require a deep understanding of greenhouse gas accounting coupled with the ability to design robust, innovative, and science-based, processes and methodologies.
Specifically, you will be responsible to:
- Identify, design, and implement protocols to collect, process, review and standardise emissions inventory data and transition targets of customers.
- Lead the design and development of methodologies to attribute supply-chain and financed emissions to procurers and investors/lenders.
- Identify, develop, and continuously expand Praesideo’s database of industry emissions factors.
- Lead the design and development of methodologies to model missing emission sources in corporate disclosures.
- Continuously improve Praesideo’s Climate Insights and Metrics through the application of expertise and research.
- Own development of internal and client-facing greenhouse gas accounting guidance notes and communications for Scope 3 emissions.
Contribute to the growth and success of Praesideo, as required.
The position reports to: The Carbon Analytics Team Leader.
What we offer:
- Ability to be a part of a revolutionary climate data platform that will contribute significantly to tackling climate change, especially in addressing value-chain emissions.
- Flexible, diverse, and remote working environment. We are a team spread across the globe, this means you may have to attend the occasional odd-hour meeting, but this also affords you the flexibility to work where and when it works best for you.
- You will hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in an environmental, sustainability, science, or engineering discipline.
- You have demonstrated experience in the area of sustainability, specifically with extensive experience (>5 years) in greenhouse gas accounting.
- You have proven experience in carbon emissions accounting and reporting frameworks (voluntary or regulatory) such as the GHG Protocol.
- You’re familiar with the corporate climate accounting and target setting landscape, and have a demonstrated understanding of the underpinning science, and its challenges and limitations.
- Experience with Scope 3 inventories focused on supply chain / financed emissions accounting will be highly regarded.
- You have strong analytic skills and a proven track record of problem-solving.
- You have a passion for working on climate change solutions.
- Experience and/or enthusiasm for working in an innovative, fast-paced and ever-changing start-up environment.
- You have a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to pitch in and get stuff done
- While we are flexible on the location of the role, ideally you will be located within the Asia-Pacific time zone to be able to work closely with the Carbon Analytics Team Leader.
Please only apply if you fulfil the criteria - in particular, we are only looking for candidates with strong GHG accounting experience and a good understanding of accounting methodologies for measuring Scope 3 GHG inventories for supply chains and financed emissions.