- Location: Brisbane
- Hours: Part time (7.6 hours per week). Flexibility in working outside standard office hours will occasionally be required
- Employer: Queensland Conservation Council Incorporated
- Responsible to: QCC Manager
- Term of employment: Ongoing
- Remuneration:$92,703.52 per annum (pro-rata), plus 10% superannuation and 17.5% holiday leave loading (SCHADS Level 6.1)
The Finance Officer will report to the QCC Manager, work closely with the QCC Director, staff team and the Treasurer. Your major areas of responsibility will be:
- Maintaining accounting books and records (including monthly bank reconciliations and processing month end journals)
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Managing tax compliance and workcover
- Full function accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Monitoring and managing debtor/creditor ledgers
- Preparing monthly finance reports for the executive committee
- Managing the annual budget preparation process
- Preparing for and managing the annual external audit
- Assisting with other regulatory compliance (e.g. ACNC return)
- Processing fortnightly payroll and quarterly superannuation and maintaining employee records
The finance officer is required to follow QCC’s policies and procedures in particular the:
- Financial management policy
- Expenditure of funds policy
- Risk management policy
- Compliance policy
The finance officer will also be responsible for advising the Manager, Director and Treasurer of any areas for improvement in QCC’s financial management systems, making recommendations for change, and implementing approved upgrades when necessary.
key selection criteria
- Tertiary qualification Degree or Diploma in Business (Accounting), with a minimum of 5 years accounting experience (CPA qualifications would be highly regarded)
- Experience using Xero
- A minimum of 3 years payroll experience, experience with the SCHADS award would be advantageous
- Experience and/or exposure to accounting for both government and non-government funded programs and related acquittal reporting not 100% necessary but advantageous
- Demonstrated commitment to protecting our climate and natural environment
Applicants who meet some, but not all, of the selection criteria are still encouraged to apply. Requests for job-sharing or other flexible working arrangements will be considered.
QCC aims to be as diverse as the country we are trying to protect and is an equal opportunity employer. First Nations candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
A position description is attached.