Quality Health Care (QHC) is a specialist accommodation, disability, and community care provider with over 20 years’ experience working with people to achieve their goals. We have a team of over 275 staff and our services include specialised accommodation, Supported Independent Living (SIL), Home & Community Care, Nursing Services, Support Coordination and Behaviour Support.
Quality Health Care is seeking experienced Team Leader - Accommodation Services for our Services in Blacktown. For this permanent, full time role you will be managing a team of disability and mental health nursing staff who provide Independent
Living Supports funded through the NDIS within a community-based setting of villas. You will work with participants, their families, and external providers to support our commitment on offering high quality residential care experience, and support that delivers positive outcomes for People with Disability (PWD).
Working closely with the health system and local providers you will implement effective supports and services to enable participants to reach their goals in a more complex environment of gaining greater independence and capacity to engage in all areas of their lives.
- Identify residents goals, needs, strengths and aspirations using a person-centred framework embodied by QHC.
- Provide informal, and where required formal, peer support and supervision to develop team members.
- Work collaboratively with residents, their families, and natural supports, providing information, education and skills training as appropriate.
- Participate in the establishment, development, support and maintenance of links and partnerships between the mental health service, other government and health services, NGOs and the community sector.
- Managing the homes financial and staffing budgets, setting group home rosters, and preparing reports for senior management
Skills and Experience
- Allied Health qualifications; or minimum Certificate IV in Disability or similar; or relevant practical experience
- Experience in providing services to NDIS participants.
- Experience in reading, understanding, and implementing NDIS plans.
- Experience in connecting clients to services under a client direct care model.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a strong commitment to customer service
- Strong customer service skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with people with disability and/ or their families and support network and service providers.
- Resilience and competence in high level interpersonal communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Sound time management skills and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to make complex judgements, prioritise tasks and take initiative.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write high quality reports.
- Current driver's license and willingness to travel to clients where required.
- Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National
- Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).
- A positive, professional and supportive work environment
- Career progression
- Ongoing support, training and development
- A dynamic team with heart
Quality Health Care are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. Appropriate criminal record and child protection checks conducted for all positions.