- Work Life-Balance – Based in Morwell | Funding available to contribute towards relocation.
- Job Security –12 month Contract | full time hours
- Salary – SCHADS Award Level 5| $82,000 P/A | + Superannuation
Have you recently graduated from social work or community services studies? Are you looking for a job that is meaningful, challenging and rewarding? What if your new job was helping families affected by family violence? Right now Quantum Support Services has opportunities available for eligible graduates who want to be part of a valued team working to make positive change and end family violence.
The Rural and Regional Family Violence Social Work Graduate Program is a 12 month program that will support graduates as they transition into the family violence sector through:
- Monthly half-day Communities of Practice sessions, focusing on contemporary family violence issues and practice
- Additional support including training and professional development opportunities and health, safety and wellbeing supports
- A reduced caseload to allow time to attend training, professional development, supervision, and mentoring.
The Family Violence Refuge Support Worker is responsible for direct service delivery to women and children residing in the refuge and safe houses who are experiencing or escaping from family violence and to assist them to achieve the greatest possible degree of self-reliance and independence.
- To contribute to an integrated approach to service delivery for clients accessing the service.
- To be responsible for ensuring that service users and their children have access to community resources such as legal supports and advice, health care and counselling programs, income security and financial aid, childcare, employment training, educational or recreational programs and safe, secure and affordable accommodation.
- To develop client focused case plans with women and children.
- To undertake comprehensive risk assessments.
What Quantum offer:
- Mobile phone and resources applicable to the role;
- Salary packaging| Annual indexation |Employee Assistance Program| Leave opportunities| Flexi time | Wellbeing Program | Portable long service leave.
- Personal Growth | Training & professional development | Supervision & support
- Promotional opportunities within the Organisation;
- Inclusive culture which embraces the diversity of its people.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
What you will bring:
- An understanding of the social and political issues impacting on women and children escaping family violence.
- An ability to identify and assess family violence risk, safety plan and prioritise safety of women and children.
- Knowledge of case management practices and frameworks.
- The ability to engage people who are experiencing or have experienced family violence.
- Valid Victorian Driver’s Licence/Working with Children Check/Police check
- Recent Tertiary qualifications in Social Work or Community Services or related field (Diploma or above)
**Quantum is exempt under section 28 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 to only employ women to family violence worker roles
About Quantum Support Services
Established in 1987 we are Industry Leaders striving to provide services to positively improve lives within the Gippsland community. Quantum is a child safe organisation who believes the celebration of diversity makes us and the community stronger. We are committed to embracing everyone’s individual differences so that we can help create a strong workplace and community that is empowered to reach its potential.
For further information and to review the Position Description please refer to our website at www.quantum.org.au/careers and www.familyviolence.vic.gov.au/graduates.
For further information in relation to this opportunity please contact Carolyn Richards on 1800 243 455.