The Queen Victoria Women’s Centre is an iconic Melbourne landmark that supports women (cis, trans and non-binary inclusive). A new role, the Operations & Administration Coordinator will contribute to the creative experiences, community resources and power of connection offered by the Centre. The successful applicant will contribute to the smooth running of the organisation by supporting stakeholder management and governance functions as well as identifying new opportunities to activate our facilities.
See position description for detailed responsibilities and www.qvwc.org.au for more information about the Centre.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Very highly developed written and verbal communication skills across different needs: among colleagues, service providers, public announcements, and reports
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and collaborate in a small team
- Hospitality, catering or events coordination experience
- Project coordination and delivery experience – taking full responsibility for all project elements and contributions from inception to conclusion
- Business development – identifying opportunities, relationship development and negotiation
- Skilled use of Microsoft Office or similar suite of software
- Attention to detail, resourceful, positive, flexible, and well-organised
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple competing priorities
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity to the needs of people who identify as women or non-binary people and from diverse cultural backgrounds
Other Desirable Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes
- Experience in arts and cultural activities – lived experience, practitioner, producer or otherwise
- Competent knowledge of language other than English
Indicative terms and conditions
- Salary: $75,000 + superannuation and 5 weeks paid holiday per year.
- Flexibility: the Operations and Administration Coordinator is expected to work on site at the Centre Monday to Friday but work times are negotiable
A position description is attached.