- Permanent, full time management opportunity
- Work flexibly from either Canberra or Sydney
- Lead a friendly and supportive team
Do you have a strong understanding of the Commonwealth health system and a unique mix of good analytical and government relationship management skills? The Manager, Policy & Advocacy – Health Reform leads one of the policy groups with a specific focus on health systems issues such as MBS, telehealth, integrated care, quality and safety, Budget and election issues.
The Policy & Advocacy team develops health and social policies, leads the College’s advocacy initiatives, and provides advice on health policy across Australia and New Zealand.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Monitor policy development in the health and social portfolio – with a focus on MBS, telehealth, integrated care, quality and safety and budget issues
- Advise the College on the political and legislative agenda
- Engage with College bodies and government stakeholders on defined policy issues
- Develop and deliver advocacy strategies for a range of policy issues
- Participate in the provision of rapid response to health issues as they arise
- Help prepare submissions, reports, funding applications, correspondence, presentations and other communication material as required
- Lead a dedicated group of 3-4 Policy Officers within the wider Policy & Advocacy team
- Provide advice, support and guidance for direct reports to maximise their skills and encourage high performance
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in health or related disciplines
- Demonstrated policy experience at a senior level and within a complex organisation (preferably health or social policy)
- Demonstrated experience in applying health research to inform policy and advocacy
- Knowledge of government and health system structures, particularly the role of the Commonwealth and health system funding and reform
- Demonstrated skills in stakeholder engagement, relationship management and communication including with government stakeholders and health leaders
- Experience in working with committees and/or working groups.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team with a flexible approach
We are flexible on where this role is based. This role can either be based in Sydney or based in Canberra working remotely, leading a team located in the Sydney head office. Regular travel to Sydney (approximately every fortnight with flexibility) will be part of the role if remotely working from Canberra.