- Permanent, full time management opportunity
- Work from home available
- Work within a friendly and supportive team
The Policy & Advocacy team develops health and social policies, leads the College’s advocacy initiatives, and provides advice on health policy across Australia and New Zealand.
The Manager, Policy & Advocacy leads one of the policy groups with a specific focus on the development and advocacy of broad policies that are important across the whole College membership.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Lead a dedicated group of 3-4 Policy Officers within the wider Policy & Advocacy team
- Provide advice, support and guidance for direct reports to maximise their skills and encourage high performance
- Monitor policy development in the health and social portfolio
- Advise the College on the political and legislative agenda
- Engage with College bodies on defined policy issues
- Develop and deliver advocacy strategies for a range of policy issues
- Participate in the provision of rapid response to health issues as they arise
- Help prepare submissions, reports, funding applications, correspondence, presentations and other communication material as required
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in health or related disciplines
- Demonstrated policy experience at a senior level and within a complex organisation (preferably health or social policy)
- Demonstrated experience in applying health research to inform policy and advocacy
- Knowledge of the Australian government and health system structures
- Demonstrated skills in stakeholder engagement, relationship management and communication
- Experience in working with committees and/or working groups.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team with a flexible approach
To apply, please click "Apply Now" and submit your CV and short cover letter, addressing the criteria listed under “The Successful Candidate” section by 24 June 2021.
For any further information, please email email@example.com, using the subject line: Manager, Policy & Advocacy enquiry via EthicalJobs.