- Make a difference to people lives
- Good work/life balance with a 9-day fortnight
- Create a sense of community
- Build community connection, resilience and belonging
Position Number: F2021/00213
Permanent full-time: 35 hours per week
Salary: $112,744 to $124,033 pa + 9.5% super + leaseback vehicle or sustainability allowance
Do you have experience and expertise in managing a team of community workers to build resilience and a sense of belonging within a diverse community?
Randwick City Council is an innovative and progressive local government committed to serving our vibrant community on the eastern beaches of Sydney.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic person to organise, lead and motivate a multi-disciplined team of professionals who manage key projects, partnerships, and programs across a range of community sectors and portfolios.
What we value
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. This culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring:
- Emotional intelligence
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Decision making skills
- Influencing skills
- Business and finance acumen
- Commitment to providing excellent customer and community service
Things you will do:
- Liaise at the highest levels with local and regional social service providers to develop effective partnerships and collaborative practices to secure the best outcomes for disadvantaged and vulnerable communities.
- Provide leadership, development, and support for the community connection team.
- Oversee the review and implementation of Council’s suite of social and community plans, strategies, and policies.
- Manage key internal and external projects, including the preparation of plans, reports, submissions, and correspondence on a range of community development issues.
- Prepare reports and correspondence that meets best practice standards.
Employment in this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal History Check with a result of no relevant adverse findings.
Further information: Visit www.randwick.nsw.gov.au to view the position description or contact Jodi Tweed, Manager Community Development, on 0474 917 461.
How to Apply
Click apply now to apply online.
Applicants must answer the below questions in a cover letter and submit with their resume
- What do you think are the fundamentals of community development and what does it look like when it is working at its best?
- Please describe your community development experience, what are some big ideas you have come up with in your career to address community needs?
- Please outline your team management experience within the community sector, including the number of direct reports, their roles, and your reporting line?
- How would you inspire your team – give us an example of what you have done to bring your team together, feel motivated and get the best out of them?
- Tell us why you’re the best person for this role?