Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
About the role
Contact allows children to maintain positive and meaningful relationships with their parents or other family members post separation. It is child focused often occurs after school or on the weekend and may be covered by court orders.
You will create a safe, warm and welcoming environment for families and
- Working with children, young people and their parent/carer during to ensure safe and conflict free transfer between the parties;
- Recording and reporting following visits to ensure our records are accurate;
- Monitor risk of harm to the children and take prompt appropriate action.
- Casual work in Broadmeadow, Newcastle
- $42p/h + super
You will have:
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of family separation, domestic violence, and conflict on children and young people;
- Knowledge of age-appropriate activity programming relevant to children and young people;
- Excellent boundaries to maintain professionalism while creating a safe and welcoming environment;
- Ability to work well with others, identify and address risks to the children quickly and make appropriate decisions;
- Previous experience working with children and/or adults with challenging behaviours an advantage.
Why this opportunity?
- Provide a safe place for children and their families to reconnect
- Work alongside people who truly care about what you achieve. Grow with us as a team.
- We value inclusion and belonging. We want a workforce that is reflective of all of the communities we serve
- RANSW is committed to deepening our relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people. Our RAP guides our efforts to build strong relationships, increased employment opportunities, and enhanced respect between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island peoples and other Australians
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Follow this link to apply.
This is a face to face service, we take all precautions to maintain COVID free. Your interview may be virtual.