About Relationships Australia
Our clients are, and always will be, our first priority. This matters more now than ever before. Relationships Australia NSW provide a safe, judgement-free environment where individuals, couples and families can address the matters impacting their relationships and lives.
What you'll do
The Counsellor/Caseworker provides intercountry adoption-specific therapeutic care and community capacity building for adoptees, adoptive parents and families and prospective adoptive parents.
The therapeutic care component will see you provide short-medium term adoption trauma informed counselling, group work, psychoeducation, mentor/peer work, case management, interagency collaboration, and referral.
The community capacity building work includes promotion and awareness of ICAFSS, development of intercountry adoption informed resources, education, lived experience networks, mentoring and peer support.
As part of a nationally funded program, you will work autonomously, whilst still operating as part of a network of practitioners across the country, which is why this would suit a more experienced practitioner. Your direct manager will be based in South Australia, and you will also have access to local Sydney-based leadership as well as dedicated clinical supervision.
- Part-time position - 3 days per week
- Can be based at various locations - Ryde, Northern Beaches, CBD, Illawarra, Bathurst, Penrith or Blacktown
- Some travel across Greater Sydney & surrounds
- 2-year fixed-term contract
- Approx. $87,000 p/a + super + salary packaging benefits (pro-rata)
What you'll bring
- Practitioners with lived experience of intercountry adoption are encouraged to apply.
- Tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, counselling, or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in providing counselling to those effected by childhood trauma, abuse, and neglect.
- Demonstrated understanding of support needs of people who have experienced intercountry adoption, including adoptees, adoptive parents, and their families.
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Ability to travel across Greater Sydney and surrounding regions (valid drivers’ license required)
Why work with us?
- Strong supervision framework to support your development and deepen practice excellence.
- We are focused on cultivating an inclusive culture through leader and employee training and a continuous focus on ensuring our policies and practices support inclusion and psychological safety.
- A strong focus on wellbeing, with access to an Employee Assistance Program, additional leave and benefits like salary packaging and Fitness Passport.
- We value inclusion and belonging and strive for a workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve.
- RANSW is committed to deepening our relationships with First Nations people. Our RAP guides our efforts to build strong relationships, increased employment opportunities, and enhanced respect between First Nations peoples and other Australians.
Interested, apply online today! If you would like a position description please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Counsellor/Caseworker enquiry via EthicalJobs.