Our clients are, and always will be, our first priority. This matters now more than ever before.
Relationships Australia NSW provides a safe, judgement-free environment where individuals, couples and families can address the matters impacting their relationships and lives.
Your new role
As our Couple & Family Counsellor, you will provide high-quality counselling and therapy to couples, families, and children to address the issues impacting their relationships. This can include general conflict, domestic and family violence, child safety, addiction, mental health, and wellbeing.
You will use a trauma-informed and family systems framework in your counselling and provide information and referrals to improve the wellbeing of your clients. Sessions will be face to face, telephone, and online. You will have the capacity to provide counselling one day per week at an outreach site based in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs.
We’ve returned to the office on a roster to ensure you can connect to colleagues and have the support to do your best work while minimising the COVID risk.
- Part time position (3 days) in the Sydney CBD which includes one Saturday per fortnight
- $40 - $44ph + super + salary packaging – depending on experience
- This is a 12-month contract position due to extended leave
As an experienced Couple and Family Counsellor you will have:
- A Postgrad Relationship Counselling or Couple and Family Counselling qualifications and be registered with PACFA or eligible for registration;
- Experience counselling couples and families using a robust family systems clinical framework;
- Strong understanding of family dynamics, domestic and family violence, child safety, addiction, mental health and wellbeing
- A calm and compassionate approach when engaging with clients;
- Strong professional boundaries and self-care practices; when we are at our best, we give our best.
Why Relationships Australia NSW?
- Empower people to have healthy and meaningful relationships by addressing the issues impacting them
- Strong clinical and supervision framework to deepen our practice excellence
- Work alongside people who truly care about what you achieve. Grow with us as a team.
- We have a strong focus on wellbeing including salary packaging, additional annual leave, weekly wellness alerts and fitness passport
- We value inclusion and belonging. We want a workforce that is reflective of all of the communities we serve
- RANSW is committed to deepening our relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Our RAP guides our efforts to build strong relationships, increased employment opportunities, and enhanced respect between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and other Australians
If you’re ready for your next challenge, apply online today as we will be interviewing shortly.