- Part-time position - 4 days per week
- Hunter (Broadmeadow) location
- Fixed-term contract to December 2022 (with possibility of extension)
- $69,684 p/a + super + salary packaging (0.8 FTE)
Our clients are, and always will be, our priority. Relationships Australia NSW provide a safe, judgement-free environment where individuals, couples and families can address the matters impacting their relationships and lives.
About the Position
Safer Pathways is a phone-based referral service to assist men who have experienced Domestic and Family Violence.
As our Safer Pathways Caseworker, you will receive referrals from the NSW Police and Justice Department and proactively contact men who have recently experienced Domestic or Family Violence.
You will conduct phone-based safety assessments, identify short-term needs, and refer clients on to appropriate services. This means that client contact is typically one-touch, and due to the high volume of clients needing our support, your ability to support multiple clients quickly and effectively will ensure your success in this role. There are no after-hours requirements.
Who we are looking for
An Intake Worker, Client Services Advisor in NFP or Case Worker, who has:
- Tertiary qualification in social work, counselling, psychology or related field
- Experience working with domestic family violence and an understanding of the needs of men who have experienced DFV
- Ability to undertake client safety assessments and safety planning
- Ability to respond to complex referrals involving liaising with police and reporting child protection concerns
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume phone-based referral program
- Strong professional boundaries and self-care practices
Why Relationships Australia NSW?
- Address a hidden side of Domestic and Family Violence and ensure safety of clients
- Strong supervision framework to support your development and deepen practice excellence
- A strong focus on wellbeing, with access to an Employee Assistance Program, additional leave and benefits like salary packaging and Fitness Passport
- We value inclusion and belonging and strive for a workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve
- RANSW is committed to deepening our relationships with First Nations people. Our RAP guides our efforts to build strong relationships, increased employment opportunities and enhanced respect between First Nations peoples and other Australians.
If this sounds like a position for you, apply online today! If you have any questions, want to know more, or are not sure if you should apply, just get in touch with us – we’d love to hear from you!