Relationships Australia WA is a non-government provider of professional relationship support services to the West Australian Community.
Our staff are highly motivated, innovative people who make valuable contributions to the success and growth of the organisation.
There is currently a vacancy for a permanent position of Coordinator.
The role – Coordinator (30- 37.5hrs/wk)
- In partnership with the Snr Manger, provide ongoing coordination and daily supervision of frontline person centred, trauma informed counselling services.
- Oversee case management for people affected by the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with a Disability, meeting the diverse needs of people with disability, their families, carers, friends and support workers across Western Australia.
- Promoting the service, networking and collaborating with appropriate other services who provide practical assistance in the community.
Able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling or Social Sciences
- Significant knowledge of, and practical experience in trauma informed counselling
- Demonstrated knowledge, and ability to oversee staff working with a diverse range of people including those with a disability, their family members and support workers/carers
- Demonstrate leadership of staff through knowledge of and evidence working within the ethics of clinical practice
- Understanding of key community issues surrounding disability and the impact on individuals and families
- Knowledge and understanding of a diverse range of mental health issues
- Ability to work outside of the office environment when necessary e.g. home and community visits, etc.
- Possession of a current National Federal Police Clearance and Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain them incorporating criminal and traffic convictions and infringements
- Some flexibility to work alternate hours and/or days and location as required to meet clients’ needs and ability.
- A willingness to travel for work to other regional and/or remote communities of WA
- A current West Australian driver’s licence
- A National Police Certificate issued within the last 12 months.
The salary being offered is from $90,000 per annum pro rata, to be negotiated depending upon qualifications and experience, plus superannuation and generous salary packaging options where eligible. For further information about this position please contact Reg Casley Senior Manager Adult Specialised Services on 08 6164 0255.
Relationships Australia WA is an equal employment opportunity employer who values a diverse and inclusive workforce reflective of the communities of which we are a part. We strongly encourage applications form people with disability, Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse back grounds.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.