- Status: Full time and job share considered. Two year contract.
- Classification: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHADS) Award 2010 Level 4.2, Above Award $86,489.52 per annum plus salary packaging and 10.5% superannuation ($95,570.92 per annum total package)
- Reports To: Director Clinical and Client Services
- Direct Reports: Nil
- Team: Clinical and Client Services
- Key internal contacts: Clinical and Client Services Director, Counselling Service Managers, Trauma Specialist Counsellors, Senior Clinical Administrator
- Key external contacts: Clients, relevant partner and referral agencies, consultants
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This position is based within the Clinical and Client Services Team and will work with the external and internal stakeholders to enhance client engagement with the Full Stop Australia’s (FSA’s) National Sexual Abuse and Redress Support Service.
This position will work directly with clients to support their engagement and journey through the National Redress process, support the Trauma Specialist Counsellors with increasing client access to the National Redress Scheme and engage with community services and partners to enhance awareness and access to the National Sexual Abuse and Redress Support Service. This role is responsible for providing a service that is trauma-informed, and thus non-judgemental, supportive and responsive, in line with an intersectional feminist approach.
Client and Community Engagement Officer
- Respond to internal and external referrals related to information and application for the National Redress Scheme.
- Provide intake, assessment and case management for clients eligible for engagement with the National Redress Scheme.
- Work in collaboration with the trauma specialist counselling team towards increasing client access to the National Redress Scheme’.
- Work closely with clinical team to ensure well developed clinical pathways for FSA clients who are eligible for the National Redress Scheme.
- Build relationships with external service providers including but not limited to other Redress Support services, correctional facilities and specialist sexual assault services. Identify opportunities for partnerships that progresses FSA toward its objectives.
- Represent FSA to various agencies and professional networks and the local community.
- Facilitating effective communication across multiple health care disciplines to optimise positive health outcomes for clients.
- Maintaining appropriate therapeutic rapport, whilst upholding appropriate boundaries and focusing on progressing client goals.
- Developing and maintaining a keen awareness and effective management strategies for the work health and safety risk of vicarious trauma.
Telephone and Online Service
- Responding to a high level of client requests for information and services across multiple programs operated by FSA in a timely and effective manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- commitment to the provision of excellence in client service provision,
- ability to incorporate intersectional feminist perspectives within client engagement frameworks,
- detailed understanding of the causes and consequences of sexual assault, family and domestic violence, and
- ability to engage and communicate to groups of people, tailoring communication to suit a specific target group.
- At minimum, a bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work or counselling or equivalent.
- Minimum one year (full time equivalent) community engagement/development and/or case management experience. This may include social work case management.
- Demonstrated understanding of trauma informed practice.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to organise and implement community engagement activities within an allocated budget.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple and competing work tasks and deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Willingness to travel intra and interstate.
- Current driver’s license.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience working with the National Redress Scheme.
Other requirements of the role
- Successful applicants will be required to undertake Working with Children and National Criminal Records Checks
- Please note under the Public Health Order 2021 all staff are required to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine or provide evidence of an exemption.
Please direct enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Case Management and Community Engagement Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Please click on the "Apply Now" button.
A position description is attached.