- Status: Permanent Full Time
- Classification: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHCADS) Award 2010 Level 4.2, Above Award $86,489.52 per annum plus salary packaging and 10.5% superannuation ($95,570.92 per annum total package)
- Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
- Direct Reports: Nil
- Team: Administration
- Key internal contacts: CEO, Director Clinical Services, Project Managers, Administration team
- Key external contacts: Clients, providers & non-government agencies
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The purpose of this role is to provide a high level of executive and administrative support to the CEO and the Board. In providing this support the position exercises a high degree of communication competence, discretion and confidentiality. This enables the organisation to run efficiently and effectively so that we can provide a quality, timely and reliable services.
The primary functions of the position will be to manage the CEO’s diary and administration, support communications, support the governance processes of the organisation, and manage accreditation processes on the CEO’s behalf. The Executive Assistant will:
- Providing administrative support at an executive level to the CEO
- Participation/ minute taking in executive, management and organisation workgroup meetings.
- Travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Strategic Planning support
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and act as point of contact with the CEO, balancing the need for efficiency with the CEO’s open-door approach
- Manage the CEO’s diary, manage priorities, schedule meetings, organise supporting documentation
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage CEO’s expense reporting and reconciliation
- Draft correspondence for internal and external communication – emails, presentations, reports
- Support a structured and organised electronic filing system
- Undertake any other duties as required by the CEO
Board and Governance:
- Including support to the Board.
- Operational Report to Board
- Coordination of monthly Operational Report to Board
- Drafting CEO report for Operational Report to Board
Assist in organisation of:
- Partnerships/ Engagement - CEO
- Media/ Profile/ Events
- Quality assurance support work
- Quality assurance and compliance agendas
- Shared reception duties
- Event management
- Administrative support to organisational teams
The Executive Assistant will also:
- Comply with the Organisation’s policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with the Organisation’s best practice and quality assurance framework
- Participate in the Organisation’s projects and activities
- Attend and actively participate in the organisation’s meetings
- Maintain an awareness of socio, political and feminist issues
- Participate in professional development
Ensure work practices are ethical and comply with the Full Stop Australia’s Code of Ethics and the code of the any professional associations to which the employee may be a member.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience (2+ years) acting as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar.
- Significant prior experience providing secretariat services for boards and committees including the preparation of agendas, meeting papers, reports and minutes.
- Outstanding administrative, organisational and time-management skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A proactive problem solver with who can confidently make decisions with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Make informed decisions that align with the CEO’s objectives.
- Make decisions appropriate to Full Stop Australia’s practices, behaviours and established strategic directions.Outstanding interpersonal skills with experience building and maintaining strong working relationships with a diverse range of people.
- Minimum Diploma qualifications in Administration, Business, Project Management, Communications or a field of study complimentary to the position.
- Strong computer skills including advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Commitment to and understanding of the provision of services from a feminist perspective.
- Knowledge of the causes and consequences of sexual assault, family and domestic violence.
- Demonstrated ability in working cross-culturally.
- Ability to keep calm in the face of pressure, while keeping operations smooth and efficient.
- Knowledge of the Women’s Health and NGO sector.
- Experience in the community or Women’s Health sector.
Other requirements of the role:
- Successful applicants will be required to undertake Working with Children and National Criminal Records Checks
- Please note under the Public Health Order 2021 all staff are required to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine or provide evidence of an exemption.
Please direct enquiries to email@example.com using the subject line: Executive Assistant enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.