- Status: Part time 3 days per week (22.8 hours)
- Classification: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHADS) Level 3 (Above Award) $41,519.71 per annum and 10.5% superannuation ($45,879.28 plus salary packaging total package)
- Reports To: Training and Development Manager
- Direct Reports: None
- Team: Clinical and Client Services
- Key internal contacts: Training and Development Manager, Director Clinical and Client Services, Director Corporate Services, Senior Administrator – Clinical, Finance Officer, Training and Development Manager, Trainers.
- Key external contacts: Outsourced Consultants.
Purpose of the Position
The Training and Development Administration Assistant is responsible for providing high level administrative support within the training and development services team to ensure that Full Stop Australia’s training programs are engaging and run smoothly.
You will be responsible for communicating with participants and vendors and assist with developing the most effective programs. You have a strong attention to detail and an ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
You are also a reliable problem-solver and have strong project management skills, and as such, will ensure there is a consistency in systems and process which comply with organisational policy and procedures.
With a passion for putting a full stop to sexual, domestic and family violence, you thrive on a culture of diversity, inclusion, professionalism and high performance.
Training and Development
- Provide administrative support to the Training and Development Manager to assist with the following:
- coordinating online and face-to-face training programs, workshop material, itineraries, resources and stock (e.g. developing certificates, booking flights, purchasing stationery)
- maintaining training records (e.g. trainee lists, schedules, attendance sheets)
- processing quotes and invoices, maintaining relevant trackers and calendars.
- conducting basic training market research
- liaising with participants, clients and trainers
- training program development
- contributing to reports on training and development activities and results
- recommending improvements or new programs.
- Shared reception duties including answering phone and greeting visitors.
- Event/ meeting support – minutes, catering and room setup.
- Create engaging visual and written content for use in social media marketing and advertising.
- Monitor and respond to email queries.
- Support the importation, collation and analysis of data across training and development services
- Administrative support for Clinical and Client Services Team as required.
The Training and Development Administration Assistant will also:
- Participate in ongoing performance management and professional development.
- Ensure that work is carried out with a high standard of professionalism, efficiency, effectiveness, and accuracy; that timeframes are met; and that data integrity and security are maintained at all times.
- Comply with the organisation’s performance appraisal policy and procedure and participate in any ensuing professional development.
- Comply with information collection, quality improvement, risk management procedures, record keeping and administrative practices of the organisation.
- Ensure all documentation is concise, legible, secure and available to colleagues as appropriate within the organisation.
- Abide by workplace practices.
- Comply with the Confidentiality Policy and Copyright Agreement.
- Ensure work practices are ethical and comply with the Full Stop Australia Code of Ethics.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- At least 12 months' experience working within an administrative environment ideally within the not-for-profit sector.
- Commitment to and understanding of the provision of services from an intersectional feminist perspective and knowledge of women’s health and NGO sectors.
- Knowledge of the causes and consequences of sexual assault, family and domestic violence, including the particular barriers faced by marginalised population groups.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal, with experience in writing for a variety of audiences and working cross-culturally.
- Demonstrated commitment to outstanding supporter/customer care and a supporter centred approach and strong attention to detail.
- Highly organised with demonstrated time-management skills and experience coordinating projects and tasks to tight deadlines.
- Experience in using a donor/customer/client database, digital platforms content management systems.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency using Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work outside of regular hours when required.
- Strong visual communication skills.
- Experience developing social media content (e.g. use of Canva).
- Experience working with data to evaluate the success of marketing or communications activities.
Other requirements of the role:
- Successful applicants will be required to undertake Working with Children and National Criminal Records Checks
- Please note under the Public Health Order 2021 all staff are required to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine or provide evidence of an exemption.
Please direct enquiries to email@example.com using the subject line: Training and Development Administration Assistant enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.