REDinc is a not-for-profit, grassroots community organisation and registered NDIS provider located in Northern NSW. We have been delivering life changing disability services for nearly 30 years by working creatively with our participants and providing opportunities to support them to achieve their goals and aspirations.
We are proud of the colourful, diverse and vibrant community that has been created by everyone who enjoys our services and are seeking to add to our friendly, committed team.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a Service Coordinator to join the REDinc team in our Casino centre. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of our Casino services and facilitate the growth of our Casino centre and day programs.
This position is part-time (5 days per week/30-35 hours per week).
We are seeking someone who is innovative and flexible with exceptional skills and experience.
- You should be a problem-solver who has excellent communication skills.
- An organiser and planner and knows how to get things done.
- Have the ability to work independently, set goals and achieve them within a timeframe.
- Bring a positive and professional attitude to the role and be an outstanding representative of our organisation.
- Have a growth mindset and advertise and promote the centre’s services and upcoming events and activities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure staff have the information and support they need to assist REDinc participants during day programs.
- Provide practical and timely solutions for issues that may arise during day programs.
- Perform the intake and on-boarding process for new participants accessing Casino services.
- Develop and grow the programs and types of support offered by the Casino REDinc centre.
- Facilitate connections between support staff, participants, families and other key stakeholders to ensure the best quality service is delivered to REDinc participants.
- Provide leadership and support so that we are continually improving the quality of service we are providing our participants.
- Promote an inclusive, supportive and positive workplace culture for everyone involved in our programs (both participants and staff).
- Previous experience in a similar role coordinating and delivering supports and day programs for participants.
- An understanding of the NDIS and its impact on the lives of people with a disability.
- An ability to assess and respond to individual needs.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people to build trust and develop rapport.
- Superior organisational skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs.
- Completion of the NDIS Worker Orientation Module
- Completion of Infection Control Training
- A current First Aid Certificate
- Relevant qualification in Community Services/Disability.
The successful candidate will be required to clear probity checks including an NDIS Worker Screening Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencing employment.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have the right to work in Australia.
REDinc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from people with varying backgrounds.
For a confidential discussion or to obtain a full position description for this position, please contact Sonja Kennedy on 02 6622 3400.
Apply now to become part of the REDinc team!