- 12 Months Fixed Term (with the possibility of extension)
- Full Time or Part Time considered
- Flexible, supportive work environment based in Carlton with blended WFH options
- Salary $65,000 - $70,000 plus 10% Super plus salary packaging
RedR Australia is a leading international humanitarian response agency that selects, trains and deploys technical specialists globally. RedR Australia provide skilled people and training to help communities prepare, respond and recover from crises and conflict. RedR Australia maintains a roster of more than 750 technical experts across a range of skill profiles including disaster risk reduction, emergency preparedness, and recovery and stabilisation activities in times of need. RedR Australia manages Australia Assists, the Australian Government’s humanitarian civilian deployment program, deploying technical specialists to help partners prepare for, respond to and recover from natural disasters and conflict globally.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Digital Communications Officer will contribute to the development and implementation of the communications strategy with the aim of optimising the RedR brand and creating powerful social impact in Australia and internationally. The Communications Officer will be responsible for executing the digital communications plan as part of the broader communications strategy, building engagement and community via social media channels, acting as brand ambassador and managing all brand assets, producing digital content, coordinating website content updates, and coordinating fundraising activities and appeals.
The Digital Communications Officer will work closely with the Communications Manager, and build strong relationships with external and internal stakeholders including Training, MEAL, Deployees and Roster and Deployments teams. This is an exciting opportunity for a digital specialist to gain experience in the humanitarian not-for-profit sectors in an exciting time of growth and change for the RedR Australia brand.
- Play a key role in implementing the digital communications plan, including managing the website, social media channels, EDM, digital content hub, and digital brand portfolios
- Draft, develop and publish engaging content across RedR and Australia Assists channels
- Manage and execute web publishing, ensuring content is consistent, current, accessible and optimised for SEO and mobile functionality
- Manage and execute RedR’s social media activity, including planning, scheduling, monitoring and tracking approvals
- Conceive, design and produce digital design assets, including infographics
- Gather analytics and report on digital audience growth, reach and engagement
- Maintain RedR’s content hub, ensuring content is current, accessible and well organised
- Manage general external enquiries and monitor the communications email inbox, escalating queries as required.
- Manage the content calendar and other databases including key contacts and suppliers
- Ensure communications systems, policies, and procedures are maintained
- Coordinate RedR branding and marketing materials, including merchandising
- Contribute to internal communications
- Support and/or coordinate events or organisational activities such as fundraising and appeal events
- Deliver items as required within the communications strategy
- Work with key functions to support the promotion of Training, Roster and Deployments, Corporate Partners, and organisational events
- Participate with other humanitarian and industry actors in relevant forums as required
- Establish positive relationships with appropriate agencies and service providers
- Liaise closely with internal functions to streamline and optimise operational efficiency.
- Work as part of the immediate team to contribute to the development of team goals and plans
- Work with an ethos of collaboration, co-operation, respect and mutual support
- Support and contribute to the development of a working environment based on shared accountability and effective knowledge sharing
- Actively participate in team meetings, performance appraisals, staff guidelines and comply with OHS standards
A position description is attached for further information. If you have any queries regarding the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Digital Communications Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.
For more information on RedR Australia, please visit www.redr.org.au.