This position requires the provision of quality Family Dispute Resolution services to individuals, couples and families at Relationships Australia NT (RA-NT). The position’s activities are to be delivered in accordance with the Family Law (Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners) Regulations 2008. Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners at Relationships Australian NT, work within a child-focused and culturally responsive practice model.
Within this role, you are required to meet and comply with the Behaviour Standards outlined in our Safeguarding Children and Young People Practice and Behaviour Guidelines, and actively participate in cultural safety and “cultural fitness”.
- Tertiary level qualifications in an appropriate field, and current accreditation as an FDRP.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide quality Family Dispute Resolution services, with the ability to undertake effective case management including administration tasks and updating client information software.
- Professional knowledge relating to the area of family relationship issues, including the impact of conflict on children.
- Previous experience in screening and assessment of family violence and an understanding of the impact of domestic violence on separating families.
- Proven commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Ability to work as a team member within the ethos and values of RA-NT.
- Involvement in delivering a child focused and/or child inclusive model of mediation.
- Experience in working with diverse communities, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- National mediation accreditation or the ability to obtain accreditation for the purpose of undertaking workplace mediations.
- Experience in undertaking workplace mediations
- Training and experience as a Child Consultant delivering a Child Inclusive approach to Family Dispute Resolution.
Prior to commencing in this role, you must possess the following:
- A satisfactory Northern Territory working with children’s check.
- A satisfactory National Criminal History Check.
- Possession of a current NT Driver’s Licence.
Benefits and Entitlements
- Relocation allowance (if applicable to the role).
- Relationships Australia NT provides support, supervision, professional development entitlements (of up to $3,000 per annum).
- There is also salary sacrificing options, generous annual leave and an annual wellbeing allowance.
Information for applicants
Applications must be limited to a one-page Cover Letter addressing Selection Criteria and include Resume and two Referees.
Relationships Australia NT encourages applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – includingAboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, CALD, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We are happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.
To discuss this position further please contact Sue on 08 8923 4999.
Applications will be processed as received.
PD Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner