Reporting directly to the CEO, RA-NT are seeking an experienced and results-driven Finance Manager to develop and maintain effective financial and risk management frameworks, systems, policies and procedures to support current and future operations while providing strategic and operational financial advice to the CEO, Senior Executive Team and RA-NT Board.
The Finance Manager will lead a team and manage the financial viability and sustainability of the organisation through effective cash flow management and appropriate investment strategies, leading the annual budgeting and review process, organising monthly, annual and adhoc financial analysis and statements, statutory reporting, property management, contributing to tenders and funding submissions, acquittals, payroll and related processing while proactively managing risk and governance.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Postgraduate qualification in accounting/ finance, business management or a similar field with a current CPA or CA registration.
- CALXA experience
- At least three years of experience in a similar capacity, covering budgeting, analysis, reporting, payroll, cash flow management, investments, property/assets management, risk management and outsourced suppliers.
- Highly developed communication skills (oral and written) complimented with sound analytical skills to present management information to executives, the Board and funding bodies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and highly developed influencing, negotiation and strategic relationship management skills
- A clear understanding of the professional, ethical and legal responsibilities relevant to the position and demonstrated ability to maintain compliance, manage risks and promote corporate governance.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with demonstrated ability to successfully manage complex, multiple tasks and projects.
- Demonstrated experience in attracting, developing and leading a team.
- Advanced skills in MYOB and Excel, to enable processing of payroll, financial obligations and reporting requirements of RA-NT.
- Ability to travel within the Northern Territory as and when required.
- Previous experience in the Not-for-Profit sector.
- Driver’s License.
- First Aid Certificate.
- A satisfactory Northern Territory working with children check.
- A satisfactory national criminal history check.
- A commitment to our Safeguarding Children Practice and Behaviour Guidelines.
Benefits and Entitlements:
- Relocation allowance (if applicable to the role).
- Relationships Australia NT provides support, supervision, professional development entitlements (of up to $3,000 per annum).
- There is also salary sacrificing options, generous annual leave and an annual wellbeing allowance.
Information for applicants
Applications must be limited to a one-page Cover Letter addressing Selection Criteria and include Resume and two Referees.
Relationships Australia NT encourages applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, CALD, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We are happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.
To discuss this position further please contact Michael on 8923 4999.
Applications will be processed as received.