The Manager Intake and Reception Services is responsible for the development and ongoing day to day operational management of the Frontline Client Service Officers and Intake Officers.
Working with the Director Regional and Special Projects, this position will provide leadership in quality assurance, clinical governance, processes and systems.
The Manager Intake and Reception will be a dynamic and empathetic leader who encompasses strengths-based values ensuring Reception and Intake services are integrated, high quality, and meet all required standards of practice. This position requires a competent management skill set to develop and maintain a competent and positive working culture within the Client Services and Intake team.
Qualifications & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role.
- Advanced level of case management, administrative skills and experience in the use of IT databases and computer systems.
- Process driven to ensure that best practice is implemented and maintained across all activities
- Strong adherence to policies and procedures to ensure that the integrity information and services is upheld. Willingness to uphold RA-NT values, and to comply with workplace policy and Code of Conduct, and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain within 3 months.
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Sciences or other relevant areas. Eligibility for registration with AHPRA and/or other professional association, for example PACFA, ACA, AASW.
- Trauma informed and experience supporting a team who may at times be exposed to vicarious trauma.
- Experience in the provision of services to Indigenous and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse clients.
Benefits and Entitlements
- Relocation allowance.
- Professional development entitlements (of up to $3,000 pa, 10 days leave).
- Salary sacrificing options.
- Generous annual leave.
- Annual wellbeing allowance.
- A satisfactory Northern Territory working with children check.
- A satisfactory national criminal history check.
- A commitment to our Safeguarding Children Practice and Behaviour Guidelines.
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is a requirement in line with CHO legislation in the Northern Territory.
Information for applicants
Applications must be limited to a one-page Cover Letter addressing Selection Criteria in addition to a Resume and two Referees.
Relationships Australia NT encourages applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – includingAboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, CALD, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We are happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.
For further information including a position description, go to our website nt.relationships.org.au or to discuss this position further please contact Nathalia on 8923 4999.
Applications will be processed as received.
Click HERE for the Position Description