- Ongoing full-time
- Flexibility to be based at one of our Broken Hill, Cobar or Bourke sites
- Monday to Friday
- Level 4 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018)
Who we are
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
About the Role
As the Team Coordinator, you will assist the manager in providing supervision and guidance to staff. You will support and develop the skills of staff through the provision of in-service training. In addition, you will assist the manager with program implementation, rosters and timesheets where necessary.
You will also have a hands-on role with frontline service delivery, working directly with people with a lived experience of a mental health issue. As the Team Coordinator, you will lead by example by taking a hands-on approach in providing person led recovery-oriented and trauma informed service that best supports people to live in the community.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Support the manager to implement programs, policies and local procedures and also with the planning and coordination of a program or project (when required).
- Provide day-to-day supervision and support of lower or similar classified employees.
- Provide My Plan supervision and reflective practice with lower or similar classified employees.
- Have excellent knowledge of statutory and legal requirements and exercise this knowledge with staff.
- Facilitate discussions regarding the individual needs and goals of each person accessing Flourish Australia’s services and collaboratively develop, implement and monitor an individual plan that meets these needs.
- Encourage people to develop skills which will meet their needs. These may include domestic skills, social skills, independence skills, and skills to enter education and/or employment.
- Ensure that individual support is provided to a person that accesses Flourish Australia services that meets their recovery journey goals and is strengths based and led by the person wherever possible.
We value lived experience and believe peer support is a powerful part of the mental health recovery journey. Therefore, we also have Team Coordinator – Peer Specialist roles for those willing to use their lived experience and personal recovery to mentor people with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
- A relevant Certificate IV or above in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years experience working in the community in a mental health setting.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role and in providing support and/or supervision to lower classified staff.
- Maintain a current Australian Driver’s Licence.
For further information, please contact Jenny Craig, Senior Cluster Manager. E: email@example.com, using the subject line: Team Coordinator - Broken Hill / Bourke / Cobar enquiry via EthicalJobs (please do not email applications)
- Attractive salary starting at $74,000 per annum
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Generous leave provisions including 17.5% leave loading and 2 additional days of personal leave
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Opportunities for professional development and training such as Mental Health First Aid and ASIST
A position description is attached.