- Use your supervisory skills and experience to oversee a team of Peer and Mental Health Workers with a leading, For-Purpose mental health organisation.
- Salary starting at $74,000 per annum plus super with generous leave provisions and flexible working conditions to suit your needs
The position available is:
- Full-time closed-term 12 month contract (76 hours/fortnight)
- Working Monday to Friday
- Supporting teams in Bega & Batemans Bay
- Classified at Level 4 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018)
Who we are
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
About the Opportunity
As the Team Coordinator, you will assist the manager in providing supervision and guidance to staff. You will support and develop the skills of staff through the provision of in-service training. In addition, you will assist the manager with program implementation, rosters and timesheets where necessary.
You will also lead by example by taking a hands-on approach in providing person led recovery-oriented and trauma informed service that best supports people to live in the community.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Provide day-to-day supervision and support of lower or similar classified employees.
- Have excellent knowledge of statutory and legal requirements and exercise this knowledge with staff.
- Facilitate discussions regarding the individual needs and goals of each person accessing Flourish Australia’s services and collaboratively develop, implement and monitor an individual plan that meets these needs.
- Encourage people to develop skills which will meet their needs.
- Ensure that individual support is provided to a person that accesses Flourish Australia services that meets their recovery journey goals and is strengths based and led by the person wherever possible.
We value lived experience and believe peer support is a powerful part of the mental health recovery journey. Therefore, we also have Team Coordinator – Peer Specialist roles for those willing to use their lived experience and personal recovery to mentor people with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
- A relevant Certificate IV or above in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years experience working in the community in a mental health setting.
- Maintain a current Australian Driver’s Licence.
Full criteria available within the application.
- Attractive salary starting at $74,000 per annum + 10% Super
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900 per annum
- Generous leave provisions including 17.5% leave loading+ 2 additional days of personal leave+ extra day paid leave over Christmas/New Year + paid parental leave
- Vehicle mileage allowance
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Opportunities for professional development and training such as Mental Health First Aid, ASIST and relevant Team Leader training (where applicable)
- Access to our free, confidential employee assistance program (EAP)
All successful applicants will be asked to provide evidence of compliance with COVID-19 vaccination Public Health Orders (where applicable).
Position descriptions are attached below.