Exciting opportunity for a passionate Senior Youth Access Clinician (Mental Health Clinician or Allied Health Professional) to join our headspace team!
- Closed-term full-time until January 2022 (with the likelihood of an extension)
- Working Monday to Friday
- Based at our Bankstown office
- Ongoing professional support provided with extensive clinical supervision
- Level 3 (Health Professionals) on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018)
About the Opportunity
In this rewarding role you will be responsible for the provision of clinical mental health services for the youth in Bankstown including:
- Delivering quality, evidence-based recovery focused mental health services including assessments, individualised person-centred planning and coordination and the delivery of relevant therapeutic interventions.
- Designing treatment plans and relevant interventions to assist the young person to drive their own recovery plan.
- Coordinating supports with internal and external service providers.
- Providing supervision, support, guidance, and mentoring of students and provisionally registered psychologists.
- Identifying and implementing community based activities that will support the social and emotional well being of the individual on their recovery journey.
- Offering education and guidance on clinical matters
Please see the attached position description for more information.
About headspace and Flourish Australia
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation supporting young people aged 12-25 years with their mental & general health care needs. headspace provides early intervention mental health services to young people who present with mental health issues, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services.
Flourish Australia has a long and proud history of providing recovery-oriented mental health services in Australia. We offer a range of services to meet the different needs of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue. This includes help with finding a home that is safe and secure, assistance with training and getting a job, or encouragement to develop friendships and learn new things.
To be successful as a Senior Youth Access Clinician with Flourish Australia, it is essential that you:
- Possess tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy or other allied health discipline.
- Be eligible for membership with an appropriate professional body; and be eligible to register with Medicare Australia as an MBS Primary Care provider or an Allied Mental Health Professional provider.
- Have a minimum of 2 years clinical experience and have (or are eligible to receive) National or State registration.
- Are able to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of recovery focused practice.
- Have a clear understanding and/or knowledge of the concept and impact of mental health in the community.
- Are able to demonstrate the importance of, and have a clear and strong understanding of, the value of team work.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to impart knowledge in a learning environment.
- Are able to demonstrate a flexible approach to service delivery.
- Have a high degree of computer literacy, including demonstrated experience with report writing and electronic client information management systems.
For further information, please contact Lucinda Spencer, Acting Clinical and Operations Manager. E: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Senior Youth Access Clinician- Bankstown enquiry via EthicalJobs (please do not email applications).
About the Benefits
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900;
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions;
- Career development opportunities
We are actively observing COVID safe work practices and have implemented further flexible working arrangements. We encourage you to get in touch if you have any questions or concerns.