Hiring now at one of Melbourne's busiest organic shops!
Do you have a passion for Organic and Sustainable food?
We stock the highest quality certified organic and biodynamic fresh produce and we are located in the heart of Melbourne's fine food culture at Prahran Market.
- Retail sales assistant required
- Flexible hours per week (weekends and early morning starts required)
- Ripe Organics is a bustling, independent organic grocery shop that has been operating out of Prahran Market for 20 years.
We are seeking an energetic sHOP ASSISTANT who has:
- The ability to take a 'hands-on' approach
- Can work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced food retail environment
- Good customer service skills and enjoys working with the public
- Experience working in fresh food retail environment preferred
- Passion for food, cooking, health, organics and environmental sustainability preferred
- Must be available over Christmas and January period
This position requires a commitment of at least 20 hours per week and duties include:
- Retail sales, customer service and operating our point of sales system, manual handling, pricing, restocking produce, deliveries, maintaining quality and stock levels.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING:
- Experience in food retailing or hospitality, a commitment to excellence in customer service, strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work flexible hours including early mornings (5:30am) and weekends.
At Ripe Organics believe that what we eat, put on our skin and use around the house dictates our health and the health of the community and the world. We believe in the importance of supporting local businesses and promoting their products to strengthen our community and support local employment. We are also contributing to a more sustainable future by stocking food and products that are natural, healing and have a low impact on the environment.